smokers

Ya see, during the war, it's only natural for Army men to smoke... they're Army men for goodness sakes! Especially in times of war, everybody smoked - even the Righteous Captain America and alongside him, his best friend in the whole world, Sergeant James Barnes. 

Of course, in HYDRA, they barely gave him food on a regular basis so it was even more tortuous for Bucky within the first couple weeks of being captured because his body had adapted to smoking and that withdrawal was absolute Hell for him. 

So when Bucky was finally released, free!, of HYDRA, the soldier may have had his brain in the blender enough to leave a much-lasting impression on him but he did remember that he used to smoke and the relief he felt when he took a smoke. 

As for the Avengers, the only person who knew about the Sergeants smoking habit was his best friend, Steve Rogers who had stopped smoking once he got out of the ice oh so many years ago. 

After Civil War and everything, the team did eventually go back to living together but that was when the others found out about the Sergeants smoking habit because, while the man wasn't always smoking, he reeked of Nicotine. 
______________________________________
"Want one?" Bucky held out a cigarette for the blonde to take. 

Steve chuckled lightly as he shook his head. 

"Yeah, like Captain America would ever smoke." Clint teased. 

"He used ta." Bucky shrugged offhandedly. 

The archer gaped at the blonde in disbelief. 

"You smoked?" Clint then shook his head violently. "Captain America!" He gasped. "Why Steve Rogers! This is unbelievable!" He dramatized. 

The Captain scoffed while Bucky snorted then lit his cigarette as they were walking out of the compound and probably going to walk to Starbucks. 

"Yes Clint. I used to smoke." Steve rolled his eyes at the archer who looked like he was going to pretend to faint any second. 

"Gasp!" Clint dramatized as he also gasped as well. 

Bucky snorted again as he blew a puff of air from his cigarette, "he was in the army last I checked. Army men ain't the sweetest, sweetheart." He said the pet name to the archer as a tease, giving him a cheeky grin as well. 

"Don't call me that Buchanan. Save the flirting for the girls." Clint made a face at the pet name being given to him then shivered as well. "That's disgusting!" He wretched for dramatic effect, making the two super soldiers crack up. 

"Alright love." Bucky smirked then laughed when the archer hit him in the side. 

"Cut it out Buchanan." Clint glared at him then walked over to the blondes other side so he didn't have to be near the brunette. 

Bucky chuckled as he blew another puff of air out then turned and gave the archer a wink, who in question literally screamed and covered his face, hiding behind the Captains arm to block his view of the other war Veteran who was laughing his ass off. 

"You're a child Barton." Bucky chuckled lightly. 

Clint stuck his tongue out at the man while Steve just let out a somewhat heavy sigh from the two. 

"Excuse me but are you two dating?" A girl pointed at the archer who was clutching onto the blondes arm for dear life, trying to hide from the brunette but it looked like he was just hugging his arm. 

Clint instantly let go of the blonde and took a giant step back from the man, shaking his head furiously as he waved his hands out as well, "no. Never in my life. I'm married and I ain't gay sweetheart." He gave her a look.