party!

Steve had made sure that Bucky and Tony never met, it wasn't because he liked either of them, it was because he thought they were going to kill each other if they ever met. He loved both of them, Bucky's like his brother while him and Tony may not be that close, he still cares about him and sees him as a close family friend. Which was why, he was currently having an argument with his "brother" at this very moment. 

"Did you just say that I'm not allowed to meet him?" Bucky asked for clarification, emphasizing the words as well. 

The blonde groaned, dragging a hand down his face slowly, "Buck, I don't want you to meet him." He clarified even further. 

The two best friends - basically brothers - live together, along with Sam but the man wasn't normally hanging around the house all day because he was going out, unlike the two soldiers who liked to stay home when they didn't have to go on missions. 

The brunette made a face at his best friend, "what?" He moved closer to the Captain as he gave him a look, "why not?" 

"I don't want either of you two to meet the other." Steve justified his previous statement to the soldier. 

Bucky gaped, "why?" 

Another thing that had Steve stressed were missions! The blonde made absolute certain! that the two brunette's never crossed paths whether that be getting called in for extra help when a mission didn't go as planned or even going on missions together in the first place. He didn't want them to meet unless! he was there to keep watch of them incase anything got out of hand between the two stubborn - very stubborn! - brunettes. 

Steve walked around their living room, trying to think of an answer that didn't put either in a bad light or something like that. "Because... listen Buck, I have my reasons so no!" He fired back. 

The older Veteran gave him a look, waving his finger at the Captain as he shook his head, "nu-uh! You may be able to get away with that kind of excuse with the others, maybe even Tony, but not with me. Don't give me that bullshit Steven Grant Rogers. Don't forget, I've known you basically my whole life, so quit bullshitting me and tell me the real reason as to why you keep doing anything and everything in your power to make sure Tony and I don't meet?" Bucky sassed. 

Steve groaned again, ruffling through his hair from the frustration and aggravation the man was causing him. "Buck-" 

"Nope!" The brunette shook his head again, crossing his arms in the process as he gave him a stern look, "answer the damn question Rogers." 

Steve sat down in one of the chairs that they had in their living room with a heavy sigh, rubbing the side of his face with one hand as he looked at his best friend, "because... I don't want you two to argue or something. Both of you are stubborn pricks when you want to be and I do not! want you two to start anything without me there to try and keep both of you under control." The blonde explained. "Also, if things do go well when you two meet, then I'm really not mentally prepared for that because both of you together! being friends!" The Captain whistled dramatically, rubbing the side of his face with both hands now as he leaned forward in the chair, "I'm really not mentally prepared for that - if that happens at all." He grimaced, starting to question all of his life choices at that given moment. 

Bucky scoffed, rolling his eyes at the man sitting across from him, "seriously Stevie? All this effort just because you're scared to see what happens if we just so happen to get along with each other?" He cocked a brow, a smirk plastered on his face. 

Steve flipped him off then got out of his seat, shaking his head lightly, "I'm genuinely scared about that, and like you said, if that happens... which is what terrifies me the most."