Fly Me To The Moon 2

70 years later and Captain America was out of the ice.

Steve Rogers had gone fighting HYDRA to take them down, a promise he made to his fallen friends years ago and he made sure to keep it.

When he got there, he didn't know anybody or have anyone.

All of his friends were back in the 40s and now they're probably all dead.

His best friend died falling off a train.

The other brunette died the same way too and sure, he barely knew him, but he still cared about him. The man was always so sweet and nice to him so he deserves to be part of the promise.

It took Steve a while for him to fully adjust to the new world and when he finally did, he met someone.

They seemed so familiar yet also so unrecognizable.

He fought them and their mask fell off their face when he flipped him over so when the stranger faced him he gaped.

"Bucky?"

"Who the hell is Bucky?" The long-haired brunette gave him a look then lifted up a gun to fire at his mission just to get a grenade launched in his direction so he rushed away to leave before anymore people saw him.

Steve couldn't believe his best friend, the one he thought he lost 70 or so years ago from a train accident, was still alive and now barely recognizes him.
___________________________
After around 10 years, Bucky had been released of HYDRA and was now with the Avengers, having met his boyfriends sister who was the main consumer of them as she pays for everything and makes everything.

"You knew my brother?" The woman looked at the older Veteran curiously and timidly as she didn't want to set him off for any little thing as he was was still adjusting to the world and not being held captive.

"Of course I knew him. Better than your parents did." Bucky scoffed as he was drinking some coffee with a hum and cradling his cup.

"What was he like?"

"What's your name?" Bucky faced her curiously.

"Oh, Theresa but most people call me Tessa." She held out her hand for him to shake.

"Bucky." He introduced himself and shook her hand then looked ahead as he thought back to the man.

Sure, his memory was hazy and still not perfect but he could remember that man anywhere.

"He was... beautiful." He smiled at the memory of the brunette he fell in love with so many years ago.

"He was a 40s dream." He hummed at the thought of him.

"He had your eyes." He looked at her softly and could see the man in her eyes.

"He was goofy and silly and loved to sing and laugh." He scoffed as he recalled the man's goofy laugh.

"Was he smart?" Tessa looked at him curiously.

"He was the smartest person in the world." Bucky nodded along.

"He was sweet and he could make anyone laugh, no matter how bad their day was."

"I'm told I have his mind." She spoke sheepishly.

"He was intelligent beyond compare. He was... He was Tony." He sighed as he looked down and thought about the man.

"I'm sorry." Tessa frowned as she saw how sad the man had become.

"I didn't mean to make you upset when talking about him."

"No, it's-it's okay." Bucky assured her.