73 |It's whatever you want|

June 21st, 2020
Y/n's POV

"I'm serious Ari, I really don't want to do anything crazy for my birthday. I just want to spend my day with you and Angelo, absolutely nothing special."

She sits up on her knees on the bed as I folded my arms behind my head.

"But why, don't you want to do something to kinda take your mind off of this whole pandemic? We've been forced into the house for months."

I laughed at that.

"I did do something to take my mind off of everything, I had a baby with you." She rolls her eyes playfully. "I'm serious he's taken my mind completely off of this, and honestly I'm content with the situation right now even though the circumstances could always be a little better."

"You really don't want to do anything?" I shook my head in an answer and she sighs. "Well do you at least have any special requests for tomorrow, I can make it happen for you...whatever you want just tell me."

"If you can get my mom to make me Paella then that'll make me the happiest man on my birthday. I haven't had a home cooked meal made by my mom since this whole lockdown got started and she makes it for me for my birthday every year. I don't want this to be my first one without it."

"That's all you want, like literally nothing else interests you? You just want a home cooked meal from your mom?"

"I mean yeah, the other thing I could ask for I already know I can get at any time that I want so I'm not complaining."

"So you just want food and alone time?"

I nodded.

"Pretty much."

She lays back down next to me, and Toulouse and Strauss jump on the bed watching our exchange.

"You and I have two different visions for our birthday, that's for sure."

I didn't doubt that.

"That's alright. As long as we're both happy, then that's all that should matter."

"Yeah, you're right." I nodded happy that she understood me.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that you get everything you ask for and that whatever you choose to do on your day gets done right cause I want everything to be perfect for you."

She smiles and moves over throwing her leg over my abdomen to close the space between our bodies completely.

"Thank you."

"No problem, and besides you deserve everything and more okay. You gave me the greatest gift that any man could hope for, and that was our son so I have everything I could ever want now."

"Mm...not exactly everything."

I looked at her not knowing what she meant by that.

"What. What am I missing that I don't have, cause I'm pretty sure I have everything?"

"Well you do, but the last time I checked there's no ring on my finger so you don't exactly have everything that you could ever want. There's still one more box to check off."