63 |Realization|

February 1st, 2020
Y/n's POV

"No but on some serious shit Y/n, what was all that at dinner last night between you and Ariana? I have never seen you two act like that towards each other." Jayden took a sip from his water bottle and everyone looks at me.

"It was nothing, she's just a lot more irritable now that she's pregnant. What you guys saw last night was just her in one of her many moods."

"Nah, that's not what it looked like to me. In fact I think the majority of us including our parents could tell that something was up between you two. Don't give us that shitty excuse Y/n, just tell the truth."

Now Xavier was grilling me on this too, I don't understand why everyone has to be in my business 24/7.

I mean sure sometimes I can be a handful for some people and I have a tendency of letting the small things get to me, but I think I do a pretty good job of handling it.

Yeah this situation with Ari is definitely one that I wish I could just get over but it just doesn't seem feasible.

She could have handled things way better than she did, and we wouldn't even have to go through all this.

She chose to keep some vital information from me for months on end and then for some reason expects me to not be upset about it to some degree.

Just doesn't make sense, I mean I don't think I've ever kept something from her no matter how big or small it was. I'm always honest so I only expect the same from her.

That's not a crime, at least it shouldn't be.

But for some reason it is at this time, crazy.

"What do you want me to say, we're just not in a good place right now. She kept her pregnancy from me, should I not be upset about that?"

"Nobody is saying that you shouldn't be upset or at least that you shouldn't have, but you gotta move on from that and look at the bigger picture Y/n. She's having your baby in a matter of months and the only thing you can do is sit around and be upset about the way she told you, that's wrong man. You should be taking care of the mother of your child, not chastising her over an obvious mistake."

Leave it to Xavier to try and be the voice of reason.

I get what he's saying though, but I just can't get over it for some reason.

For me, with her not telling me until she did had me truly questioning the validity of me being the father, and I know how wrong that sounds considering the fact that Ariana is not that type of person.

That's just something that popped up in my head though after the Grammys, and I guess I never pushed it to the back of my mind or even out of it completely.

"I don't know what you guys want me to say, she kept her pregnancy a secret from me for five months and then just casually tells the world on national television before telling me like I'm some afterthought. How are you supposed to just move on from that as if it's not important?"

"You just have to. It's not worth it to fight with her about this, I'm sure she had a good reason to wait to tell you." I was surprised to hear Daniel saying something, he usually likes to stay out of all the drama. "Now I know I don't really have the experience of having a pregnant girlfriend or wife, but I know what stressing and fighting with someone constantly can do to not only them but also their baby. So you gotta let it go Y/n, trust me I get your frustration with the situation but it's not worth it when she's carrying your baby at the end of the day. Just be happy about it because your blessed to be in this situation with Ariana."