75 | VMA's|

August 30th, 2020
Ariana's POV

"So, how's the proclaimed city that never sleeps?" I looked up from my phone and out of the window of the car I was currently sitting in before focusing my attention back on my phone.

"Surprisingly empty, not completely but I've seen New York have better days." He nods.

I was currently on my way to wherever the VMA's is supposed to be taking place today, Y/n had FaceTimed me so we were talking now.

"Ah, okay."

"How is my baby doing, is he okay?" There was a little worry in voice but not too much.

It wasn't like I didn't trust Y/n, cause I do. I mean he is Angelo's father, this is just the first time I've ever been away from him since I gave birth to him and it's kinda nerve racking.

I didn't even want to leave him when I left for New York yesterday morning.

Had me crying in the airport, I'm not even gonna try to lie about that.

Can you really blame me though?

He tilts the phone down towards Angelo in his arms who seemed confused if anything.

He knew who it was though as he smiled and laughed seeing me on the phone.

I couldn't hold back my smile seeing his toothless smile.

A minute later, Y/n tilted the phone back up to focus it on himself.

"You both can't live without one another, it's funny. He has no idea that his mom's a huge star, he will one day though."

I nodded at that.

I wanted to bring Angelo with me, but this was all just a business trip at the end of the day so I reluctantly left the two of them at home while I traveled all the way to New York to perform with Gaga at the VMA's.

Y/n was fine with it albeit a bit concerned with me being in the big city alone with everything that's going on at the moment.

I reassured him that I'd be fine though just as long as he took good care of our baby which I didn't actually have doubts about, I just wanted that extra bit of comfort while I was away knowing that they'd be fine at home.

"He can't help it, he loves his mom."

He nods in agreement.

"I guess I can't blame him, that's something that he and I can see eye to eye on."

The smile on my face was obvious.

"Awe, you do love me."

He seemed surprised when I said that.

"Of course I do, I never stopped. You might drive me absolutely insane sometimes with some of the things that you do and get into, but the love I have for you has never and will never change."

My eyes watered at his admiration, even after all this time he still had that effect on me that he had when we first met.

I love that I can say that when it comes to our relationship.

"I love you too." The vehicle I was in came to a stop and Roshad looks back at me signaling that it was time to go. "I hate to end our conversation like this, but I kinda have to go for the show. I'll talk to you on my flight back to LA tonight."