45 |Playing Pretend|

August 24th, 2019
Y/n's POV

"Y/n are you ready to go yet, you have to be on that jet in 45 minutes."

Brandon's loud ass voice was heard from outside the room door, does he not know that people are asleep?

"Yeah, I'm just getting the last of my stuff together and then I should be out. Is everyone else waiting outside?"

"No everyone else is either on their way to the airport or there already so it's just me, you, and two of your bodyguards."

"Oh alright, my bad man. I'll be out in a second." He didn't really say anything before his footsteps were heard going away from the door of the room.

We had just finished our last show in the states a few hours ago.

The last state to cover for the North American part of my tour was New Orleans so the flight from here to Europe was going to be a long one.

Luckily for me I was already worn out from the show I just did so I was gonna sleep for sure on the jet.

Grabbing my phone off of the table and my bags off of the bed, I finally left the room after making sure I had everything and I made my way to the elevator of the hotel so I could meet Brandon down in the lobby.

It was already 2am so there weren't many people lingering around the lobby which is good for me considering I'm extremely tired.

Unfortunately my sleep is gonna have to take a back seat for a little while because I have to call Ariana before the jet takes off like I have a tendency to do.

I just have this irrational fear of flying that I don't think I'd ever get over and she knows that so she tries her best to take my mind off of things.

Stepping off of the elevator I saw Brandon and my two bodyguards Will and Dwight sitting down talking while waiting for me so I made my way over as quickly as possible.

They all sighed in relief seeing me and they stood up so that we could all leave the hotel which Brandon thankfully already checked us out of.

"You ready now?" I nodded and we all walked out together to get into the car waiting to take us to the hangar.

The ride there was very much quiet and that was a huge relief because the only person I was trying to talk to right now is Ariana and I don't really want to do that in front of my guys.

I'd rather do all of that in the comfort of the bed I have in the back of the jet where hopefully I can catch some sleep that I've been missing out on for the past week and a half.

Another thing to add on top onto the fact that I'm not getting enough sleep is the fact that the paternity test papers are probably already at my house since it's about that time and I'm not there to look at the papers.

This tour doesn't finish up until the end of November so that's three months of waiting that I'm not prepared for, and I don't want anyone else to see the results and tell me cause I want to see them for myself.

That's all besides the point now cause I really want to talk to my beautiful girlfriend right now.

I got onto the jet eagerly with my bags as I'd finally managed to get the time zones right with Ariana after almost two weeks of not knowing.

I'd either be calling too late, too early or right as she's about to go on stage and vice versa so we never really had a chance at a normal conversation with each other and I didn't like that.

Since it was almost 3am here in NOLA then that meant that it was around 12pm where she was in Amsterdam and that was honestly perfect for me.

Yeah I could use the sleep, but I want to make sure she's the last voice I hear before I close my eyes.