57 |One step closer|

November 26th, 2019
Y/n's POV

"Ma I'll be there in like 20 minutes, I just need to finish getting dressed."

She sighed and I could tell she was rolling her eyes over the phone.

"This here is why I tell you boys to just come stay at home with us on days like this, you never listen to me Y/n."

I just ignored what she was saying over the phone because she at the moment was cursing at me in Spanish and when she gets to that point it's best to just not say anything or else it won't be a pleasant face to face meeting later.

This mini rant lasted for a good 2-3 minutes while I was getting myself ready to get over to my parents place for Thanksgiving.

I was supposed to be helping my mom finish cooking the food but the problem with that is the fact that she wants me and my brothers there by 8am to help with the cooking and I'm not fucking up my sleep schedule for that even though I already wake up at 6am because of Ariana but this is different.

Besides it's not like my mom doesn't have four sisters there already to help with the cooking.

At the same time though I can understand why she gets stressed during these type of holidays, because one our dad doesn't do shit when it comes to the kitchen.

It's not like he doesn't know how to cook, but my pops is more of a throw some meat on the grill and call it a day type of guy.

He's more of a liability than anything during this time and he gets chewed out every thanksgiving for it so he doesn't step foot in the kitchen when my mom and aunts are cooking.

Another thing is the fact that our family doesn't do the whole traditional thanksgiving feast that you see on tv or have at home or whatever.

It's more of a combination of a whole lot of Mexican food and that traditional shit to please my dad's side of the family.

Like they have no problem with eating Mexican food, but my grandma or my dad's mom in this case has always been adamant about making sure my mom is cooking the traditional dishes as well and that stresses her out a whole lot.

So my brothers' and I always try and ease some of the stress by helping her and our aunts out with the cooking.

We were going on day two of cooking and I was hoping we would be finished by the time everybody gets to my parent's house.

"Alright ma, I get it I'm on my way right now. Just let me finish getting dressed please."

"Fine." I was relieved hearing that. "You have 10 minutes to get here."

"Wait I-" She hung up before I could say anything my shoulder dropped a little.

I don't get why moms are so demanding sometimes, I tell her 20 minutes and she somehow hears 10.

I'm just gonna ignore it and not even question things at this point like my pops always tells me cause I'm not trying to get beat, not today.

This is one of my favorite holidays and I don't need anybody ruining it.

That's not important though cause my 10 minutes are gonna be gone in an instant if I don't get my ass out the house, so I finally put my shoes on and grabbed my keys along with anything else I would need for today before heading out.