31 |The 4th|

July 4th, 2019
Y/n's POV

"Baby come on, you can't stall this out any longer."

I don't know why she thinks she can just hole herself up in this bathroom cause it's not gonna work.

We're gonna make it to my parents' house whether she likes it or not.

"Y/n I can't do this." I was confused so I opened the door to the bathroom and saw her sitting on the counter.

"What do you mean you can't do this? I thought you said you weren't nervous anymore?"

"I know I said that, but I didn't mean it. I just told you that so that maybe I could try and start believing it myself but that clearly didn't work."

"Honestly tell me what you think is the worst that could happen." She looked like she had a list ready to go and everything so I just waited for her to come clean.

"Well for starters. I could embarrass myself in front of your family."

"Not gonna happen, but go on."

"Your mom could hate me just as much as she hated your ex, and I don't want that to happen."

"Trust me, nobody comes close to my ex in terms of being disliked. Besides who wouldn't like you, you're Ariana fucking Grande?" She turns back around on the counter and continues to do her makeup.

"And if she does, then I just know you're gonna break up with me because from how you talk about her I can tell your mom is your world."

"She is my world, between her and my grandma I can't decide which one I love more. At the end of the day though Ari, you're my girlfriend and hopefully my future wife so you're always gonna come first for me." I walked up behind her and she stopped what she was doing for a second to look at our reflection.

"I hate how you can make me believe any and everything you say." I wrapped my arms around her waist and leaned down to kiss her neck lightly.

"And I hate that you doubt things all the time, you can trust me and you know this." She only nodded and continued to do her makeup. "Now I'm gonna go downstairs to bother your brother some more while you continue to take 30 years to get ready."

"I can't help it if I want to look good babe." I shrugged and just walked out of the bathroom so she could finish getting ready.

—/—/—/—/—

Ariana's POV

"Your Queen has arrived." I said dramatically as I made my way down the spiral staircase.

"It's about time, we were getting ready to leave you." I gave my Nonna a small smile before walking down the final few steps.

"Are you ready to go now, like for sure?" I nodded at Y/n's questioning. "My mom was blowing up my phone like crazy cause she thinks I'm gonna be late."

"Why didn't you just text me babe, I would've gotten ready faster if I'd known your mom was upset." He just shook his head and grabbed his stuff so we could start heading out.

My Nonna, Frankie, and my mom walked ahead of us and out of the house while we opted to walk out together.

"She wasn't upset, but she wasn't happy either. See I'm guilty about being late when it comes to these things so I can't really blame her for blowing my phone up but still it's one too many calls from her that I'd like to keep at a minimum."