4 • "Mondstadt, The City of Freedom"

"Ahh! You scared my pigeons away! What do you have to say-" Timmie shouted at me as I cut him off.

"Sorry, kid! But your pigeons aren't coming back soon, like your Dad." I snickered as I continued running towards the front gate of Mondstadt, determined to reach there first.

As I crossed the bridge and reached the front gate, a guard stopped me from going inside.

"Stop right there!'

"Huh?"

"What's your name, strange yet respectable traveler?"

"(Y/N)." I patiently answered any questions he asked.

"Hmm, doesn't sound like a name I've heard anywhere here before. Where are you from?"

"I'm from... Nowhere in particular. I lived in a village I forgot the name of and now I camp out. I decided to visit Mondstadt because of the cool things I heard of it, and hopefully find a place to stay..." I told him half the truth, and the other half was a lie. It's hard coming up lies on the spot.

The guard stared at me for a moment then looked at the speed flying emergency food, who was currently speed flying towards here.

"Sticky Honey Roast, here I come~!"

"Is that your friend?" He asked.

"Yes... And there is one more on the way." I took a stance, ready to catch Paimon if she can't brake on time.

As soon as she saw me, she came to a halt, and nearly crashed into me.

"Hey (Y/N), why are you still out here?"

"Interrogation." I simply answered.

"W-Wait up..." Aether tiredly jogged towards us, out of breath.

"Ah, Aether! You finally made it. And don't worry, you don't need to pay for the Sticky Honey Roast." I smiled.

"Huff... R-Really?"

"Are these all your friends, or are there more?"

"Nope, these are all. Are you suspicious of me?" I asked.

"N-No, I'm not! I'm sincerely sorry if you were offended in any way!" The guard frantically waved his hands in front of him.

"The interrogation is done, please proceed. We welcome you faraway travelers to Mondstadt, the City of Freedom." The guard saluted, as I did saluted back as a sign of respect.

"Thank you! C'mon, guys!" I helped the tired as hell Aether walk as Paimon excitedly flew inside the city.

"Wahh, this is so cool! Let's look for a place to stay, then we'll go and get that Sticky Honey Roast!" Paimon flew around, asking the locals about anywhere we can rent, with the limited amount of Mora we have from beating up slimes. Can't forget about the blood though.

"Hey, (Y/N) and Aether! I've got a lead here!" Paimon waved her hands.

We both ran towards her and saw that she was talking to a red brunette, it's her!

"Ah, you must be travelers! I'm Amber, Outrider of the Knights of Favonius! You're looking for a place to stay?" She smiled, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yes please! It's getting late out, and we need somewhere to sleep. Paimon's getting hungry, too..."

"If that's so, follow me! I know somewhere you can stay." For whatever reason, as she said that, I had a really bad feeling.

...

"Welcome to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters!"

"Um, shouldn't there be an inn here?" I nervously asked. This isn't really like Amber.

"Oh, the only inn here is filled with dangerous diplomats from our enemy, who calls themselves the Fatui. You won't be safe with them around. Luckily for you though, we have some spare rooms in the Headquarters."

She opened the doors to the HQ and stepped inside.

The halls were really dark, as if this were a setting for a horror movie. It's pretty dark outside, why not put on some lights?

"Now..." She closed the doors after we walked in. I turned back to look and suddenly my hands were tied up behind me.

"Wha-"

Amber swiftly tied Aether's hands too, and wrapped a rope around Paimon's body, pulling her down.

"Hey! What's going on?" Paimon tried to fly out the door but was pulled back by Amber.

"Off to jail you go, Treasure Hoarders!"

"What? Treasure Hoarders? Are the Knights always acting like this when someone walks into Mondstadt?" I tried to reason with her. Something must've happened for her to be this suspicious of us.

"Treasure Hoarders always talk like that when trying to get out of trouble. Don't expect me to believe you really aren't those dirty thieves!" She pulled me and Aether by our clothes, and the rope that immobilized Paimon was tied around her wrist.

"Hey! Let's Paimon go! My Sticky Honey Roast..."

"No can do, thieves don't deserve to get what they want after what they've done.

"If you're gonna be like this, at least let (Y/N) go!" Aether struggled to free his hands from the bind.

"You think I'm that stupid to do that? Your friend is just gonna call backup if I let her go."

"Grr..."

Come on, (Y/N). Think. How am I gonna get out of this? Oh man...

...

Chapter 1: The Mondstadtians

...