32 • "To The Rescue!"

...

"You can't run!" Sister Rosaria teleported behind the guy, yet he barely made it through and made a sharp turn.

"Dodge this." Kaeya happened to be right around the corner, and put a foot out to trip him.

"Ah!"

But this thief was nimble.

Despite tumbling over, he rolled and brought himself back up as quickly as he fell.

"Hm," Kaeya hummed in amusement, "Agile."

He glanced at me, who stood quietly on a roof.

"Roger..." I aimed my bow, carefully, before shooting a Geo Infused arrow, "Hyah!"

The arrow almost his the back of his sole, and it gave the thief the adrenaline to run even faster.

"Hah!"
I shot yet another one.

And another one.

And another one.

"There!"
This arrow hit the ground on his left, making him abruptly turning right.

"Judgement!" Rosaria teleported to his front, and he ran back to the opposite direction.

You see, our plan here is pretty simple.

We keep sending attacks in the opposite direction of where we want him to go to.

In the end, he should end up back outside the tavern, where the Knights are waiting to arrest him.

Much to Diluc's reluctance, of course.

Basically, this poor thief is just playing in our little maze.

"Shooting stars." I shot an arrow into the air...

As shining arrows rained down from the sky, shooting down on the exact spots where I don't want him to run to.

"Hup." I jumped onto another roof to get a clearer view of the chase.

Rosaria was purposely slower than usual, especially since it's nighttime. To give a false sense of security for the criminal.

Yes...All four of us seem to be sadists.

"Hm hmm..." I sat down on the edge of the roof, watching as he ran for his life.