17 • "Outriders and Outlaws"

...

"What do you...mean...?"
I blinked.

"Are you okay? I seriously think it's the air pressure at this point." Aether gave a concerned look.

"I don't get it..."

E-Everything is so weird!

Unless I was somehow hallucinating everything I was wearing from before...?

No way, I was wearing it for goodness sake!

But why is it my clothes?

"How about...Let's just go home. You can finish the rest of the flower crown there."

"...Fine."

Maybe it is the high air pressure. How ridiculous.

...

We trekked back down the cliff, once again ignoring all the hilichurl camps.

"What did you eat for breakfast?"
Aether suddenly asked.

"Huh? Uh, Fisherman's Toast, as usual..." I looked at the ground, "Where did you go so early in the morning anyway?"

"Well...I went to go visit a certain bard friend."

My ears perked up, "Is he still okay?"

"Fine like Dandelion Wine. Although, still a few cuts and bruises here and there...But enough to play a tune on his lyre."

"That's good to hear. . ."

We stayed silent once again.

"Hey!"

But something from afar broke the silence.

"Heeey! You guys! Aether and (Y/N)!" And it was a familiar voice that said so.

"...Amber?"

A red clad brunette came running towards us at full speed.

"Woah-"

"Guys! I need some help!" Amber barely managed to stop in front of us.

"Help? With what?"

"There's this fugitive thief flying around named Raptor, and he's gone and stolen a precious artifact kept in the cathedral...!"