9 • "The Real Rushed Rescue"

(Exams are delayed and I'm on holiday so IM BACK TEMPORARILY)

...

"No, no, no, no, no, no, NO! How could you just let her get kidnapped like that?! Sorry excuse of a knight..." Aether mumbled the last part under his breath, running out of the HQ.

"I was sleeping! Just... Let's just find her now!" Amber panicked.

"Calm down, Amber. Remember what Master Jean always said?" Kaeya eyed Amber, getting ready to go on the search.

"Uhh...She always said...As long as...we keep calm- Um...We can...find what we were looking for? Like her pet tortoise?" Amber was already panicking enough, and she just had to be quizzed.

"...Close enough. Okay, let's move."

They ran through the entirety of Mondstadt in the night, searching every nook and cranny.

Angel's Share Tavern, no.

Cat's Tail Tavern, no.

Favonius Cathedral, no.

Anemo Archon's Statue, no.

Literally anywhere every single rock in Mondstadt was flipped over, just to show no signs of where (Y/N) has gone.

"Excuse me, sir. Have you seen a (H/C) haired girl pass by, by any chance?"
Amber asked.

"...I don't really know which one you're talking about, but no."

Citizens don't know where (Y/N) went either.

"Oh, (Y/N)... Please be safe..." Amber climbed to the top of the Anemo God's statue, searching for (Y/N) from a high ground.

While on the other hand...

"Damn it, damn it...!"

Aether and Paimon searched Windrise.

"Stupid elemental markings...Ran out as fast as they came! How do I find (Y/N) now..."

"Calm down, Aether! Being frantic about something will just make things worse..." Paimon said.

"Shut it! All that matters now is that (Y/N) is gone, and I'm gonna give her kidnappers a piece of my mind!"

All he had in his mind was...

Kill.

Kill them all who dare hurt his precious (Y/N), no matter how little they hurt her, no matter how gruesome their deaths will be.

"Aether..."

Paimon could only stay silent at his rage. If she accidentally said something that angered him more, she might just actually become that Emergency Food.

"(Y/N)...Whoever did this is surely..." Aether growled under his breath.

At that moment...

He felt his senses grow sharper.

Like, right out of the blue. All of a sudden. To his own surprise.