13.4 • "The Mondstadtians, Church of Favonius"

"So..."

The four of us: me, Aether, Bennett and Diluc arrived in front of the Anemo Archon's Statue that stood tall on the highest grounds of Mondstadt.

"Why exactly...are we visiting the Church again?"

"Isn't it because Diluc just didn't want to get help from the Knights...?" I whispered to Aether.

He simply shrugged.

"There's a person other than the church who might be able to help us." Diluc sighed as he said that, maybe sounding a little disappointed.

"'Might'? "

Diluc gazed up to the hands of the Anemo Archon statue, and all three of us followed the direction his eyes sent a glance to--

In the hands of the Anemo Archon statue, sat the Anemo Archon himself.

"Heh? So the common folk ask the bard for aid,"

...But of course, right now, only I know that.

"And the bard helps with favours unpaid!"

Because everyone else sees him as the mighty: Venti the Bard!

"Woah!" Bennett exclaimed.

"It's that guy...!" Aether looked up to the fellow clad in green.

"Hup!"

And with the lift of the wind, he hopped off from the hold of the statue, gracefully descending to the ground before us.

"Venti the bard, at your service." He bowed with grace, and gave a wink.

"Venti...!" I said.

"Ah! It's the maiden that...nearly fell to death if it wasn't for moi." He then pointed to Aether who stood beside me, "And you're the one who I- Well, I mean, who the Archons blessed with a special power, yes?"

"...Special power? You don't mean the Anemo magic?" I suspiciously looked between the two of them.

"Huh? ...Well..." Aether glanced away from me.

"For the sake of effeciency for all of us, I suggest we delay that discussion for later. But for now..." Venti looked at Diluc.

"You need something from me, don't you? More specifically, my help."

"Correct." Diluc crossed his arms.

"Aha, one point for the correct guessing bard once more." He smiled.

"We need you to help us look for a person."

Here is we're the business talk begins.

"Ah...Looking for a person? Might I know who this person could be?" He looked at us with a gaze that showed nothing like someone who doesn't know what the current situation is.

Venti definitely knows what's going on, he's just playing dumb.

Even Aether seemed to know something was up from the way he glared at him.