39 • "Why...Am I Here?"

...

"...ey..."

...What...?

"...Hey..."

...Who is that...?

"...Hey! Wake up!..."

"Huh...?" I sat up in confusion after my consciousness was regained. A high pitched voice shouted for me to wake up.

The first thing I noticed wasn't the fact that I woke up on a clean, cliffside beach. No, the first thing I noticed was the exotically dressed individuals sitting beside me.

"Phew... Paimon thought you were dead! Not everyone can get washed ashore and stay alive, you know?" The child-like fairy spoke.

"A-Are you okay?" Other than the fairy, there was also a boy. He had blonde, braided hair, and fairly interesting clothing.

They both seemed to look familiar.

"...Who are you two?"

I couldn't bring myself be curious about anything other than the two people who found me.

"Is that really what you're worried about now...?" The boy frowned, "Get up first, we have a camp nearby."

"..."

I couldn't give a response, and followed them instead.

What happened to me?

Why am I here?

I don't remember a thing.

"Hey...No offense but Paimon is a little scared of your face..." She pointed at me, "It's a bit too...empty for a human."

"Quiet, Paimon...! That's rude!" The boy said, flicking her forehead lightly.

"Ow...! I know! Paimon is just saying how she feels!" She painfully rubbed her head.

My face looks scary...?

That's a bit funny.

I remember someone told me before,

"It's almost like you don't even have a face, it's so emotionless."

I forgot who told me that, but I suppose the little fairy's words reminded me.