Tears of anger (chapter 9)

They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” — Carl W. Buechner

Camila POV

As I got back home with Riley, I got her out of the stoller that I left downstairs and walked with her in my arms upstairs.

As I put her in her bed, she immediately fell asleep. She was looking so peaceful and I couldn't help, but watch her for a few more moments.

I walked in my room and noticed that Nina's bag was still there. I stared at it for a few moments and then decided to open it again.

The first thing I saw was the box that I opened at the hospital. I took it out and opened it again, revealing the necklace with the three initials.

My hands were shaking as I took the necklace in my hands and looked at it closer. I looked at the box one more time and saw a paper in there. I took and it said:

"Happy late birthday to the best auntie! xoxo Nina and Riley<3"

A few tears fell down my cheek as I realized the necklace was for me as my birthday gift. It was end of merch and my birthday was a few weeks ago, but Nina couldn't come back then so that's why they wanted to come now.

I looked at the necklace for a few more moments before I put it on my nightstand. I couldn't put it on. Not yet. I don't know why, but I wasn't ready. I put it there, so that I could remind myself this night to put it on.

I looked through the bag again and found Nina's and Riley's identification acts. I took them and put them in a safe place, so if I'd ever need them then I'd have them.

As I looked in the bag again there were only a few make-up things and some other stuff like perfume. I also saw Nina's phone and as I opened it I saw hundreds of phone calls. The half of them were from me as I called her in the taxi on the way to the hospital hoping she would pick up. The other calls were from some of her friends, but one call surprised me. It was Nick. The one who got her pregnant, only to leave her afterwards.

I saw that he left a voice mail so I clicked on it wanting to know what the bastard wanted from my sister.

,,Ahm... Hey... Here is Nick... I heard from some sources that you are dead. Well if you listen to this then you probably aren't.... Oh god all this doesn't make sense.... I- anyways."

I couldn't believe this. The asshole didn't show up to the funeral and just let a message on her phone that she'll never hear. Wow... He didn't even mention his child. He just....

,,ASSHOLE!" I said and groaned.

Suddenly, an idea popped in my head. It was probably an horrible idea, but I didn't care. I needed to do it.

I got Nina's phone, tapped on Nick's number and called him. To my surprise, he picked up after a few rings.

,,Nina? What the fuck? You're alive!? But I got an invitation at your funeral... Nina?.... Nina?..... Who the fuck is there!? Don't play games with me!" He said getting angrier and angrier.

,,It's me, you asshole." I said emotionless.

,,Camila?"

,,Exactly. You bastard! How dare you be so selfish! You let her alone with a child! You let her die alone! And you let your baby without a mother and a father! How can you be alive, but she is dead!? Why are you alive, but she isn't!?" I said rising my voice with every word that got out of my mouth.

,,I wasn't ready for a child..." He only said.

,,She wasn't ready to die! You should have been in her place! She was the best human on this earth! She never did anything wrong in her life BUT YOU! There's no right decision you took in your life and look at you. You're happily floating through your wonderful life!"