Three empty words (chapter 14)

"I love you and I don't want to lose you. Because my life has been better since the day I found out." — Unknown

Shawn POV

After Camila walked upstairs, I decided to confront my parents. I knew what my mom was doing. She was judgemental about Camila and Riley. I didn't like that at all.

,,What are you doing? I told you the situation and I told you that I care for her. You know that, so what was that about?" I asked my mom.

,,Honey, you are so young and-" She started, but I knew where she was going, so I interrupted her.

,,And what? I know what you are thinking and it's bullshit, mom. Camila is also young. It wasn't her fault that her sister died and now she has to take care of her niece. They only have each other." I tried to explain.

,,It's not that, Shawn. I saw how the baby was looking at you. She was looking at you like you were her dad!" My mom said.

,,Bullshit. Riley had been living with Camila for not even a week. She doesn't look at me like a dad and if she did, what is the problem?"

,,You may break up with Camila!"

,,I don't wanna break up with Camila and I don't think I ever will. I'm in love with her since college, mom. You know that."

,,Like you said. You THINK that you won't break up with her. What if you do and you get a strong bond with the little one. You will get hurt and so will Camila AND the baby. I didn't imagine a girlfriend with a baby for you..."

,,Stop it! Camila didn't change! She is the same person and you judging her because of her SISTER'S baby! It’s not right! That's not how I know you, mom. And you, dad, have nothing to say? You let her say that?" I asked getting angrier. They seemed okay about the situation as I told them, but now I didn't know what was wrong with them.

,,Shawn, I understand both of you... I get that you love her, but the part with the baby is something weird for us. We hoped you were going to have your own kids and-" My dad said, but as he started saying bullshit, I interrupted him.

,,I can't believe you two are saying this right now! I'm 24 years old I can make my own decisions! And let's look at this situation from another point of view. Dad, wouldn't you have married mom if she already had a child? The same question for you, mom. Think about that and talk to me when you get to a conclusion." I said and stood up from the couch and walked upstairs.

I stopped in front of the guest room door as I heard Camila talking to Riley.

,,So, my point is that we'll always have each other and, of course, Addison. Argh, I'm having bad thoughts.... sorry. It's probably nothing and I'm just overthinking the situation, but I'm scared. You know?....I just don't wanna lose him, baby girl.....He was always there for me. Back in college and now. I just hope I don't have to lose another person....Anyways! Happy thoughts! We need happy thoughts!" I heard Camila say and then I heard her and Riley giggle.

She was afraid to lose me... But I could never leave her. I could never. There wasn't a day after I met Mila that I wasn't thinking about her. As I saw her in my office a few days ago, my whole life lightened up. I wanted to call her every day after my graduation, but I never could. I was too afraid to hear that she might be taken or I don't know.

I decided to walk in the room and as I did so, both Camila and Riley smiled at me.

,,They hate me. Be honest. I know that they were looking at me differently." She said and the beautiful smile on her face started to disappear.