Higher society (chapter 80)

“I need you like a heart needs a beat.” – Unknown

Camila POV

The rest of the week went fast by and Shawn's parents told us that they will come over on Saturday so we could go at that stupid party Barbara invited us to. We talked to Mary and she said she will take care of Riley and that we don't have to stress.

Friday started like a normal day. I went to work and Shawn also got some more interviews, but once again, none of the ones who came at the interview fulfilled our standards. When I went to pick up Riley from the kindergarten, I walked into the one and only Barbara.

,,Camila! I'm so excited about tonight. I hope you are too." She said to me.

,,Yeah, of course." I said obviously not telling her how I was really feeling about the party.

,,Riley, did you find any friends here? Amber tells me that she found a lot of friends. What about you?" Barbara asked Riley, but Riley just hid behind my leg shyly.

I was concerned about the fact that she didn't find any friends, but I knew she had Logan and Stacy so it wasn't like she was antisocial. She just had a bad experience in her first day and that took her down...

,,I see you are shy girl. Anyways, I'll see you later, Camila." Barbara said and left.

,,I found a friend.." Riley said after Barbara left and that brought a smile on my face.

,,Really!? What's her or his name?" I asked her and took her hand in my while we made our way back home.

,,Mason." She said.

,,Is Mason a nice guy?" I asked her and she nodded.

,,Yes. He played with me today." She said and I was genuinely happy to see her making new friends.

,,That's great! What did you two play?"

,,We played with our teddies and he tried to catch me." Riley said still smiling.

,,That sounds fun."

,,It was! I'm excited to play with him on Monday again." Riley said and I couldn't describe how relieved I was to finally hear she wants to go to kindergarten.

We got home, ate lunch together and I played with her afterward until she had to take her afternoon nap. While she was asleep, I cleaned up around the apartment and when Riley woke up, Mary got there.

,,So? Are you?" That was the first thing she asked the moment she walked through the door.

,,No...but..." I said and her eyes widen the moment I said "but".

,,But?" She asked curiously.

,,But we want to." I said and she started jumping around excited before she pulled me in for a hug.

,,Oh god! I'm so excited! Another little human being!" She said and I giggled lightly at her words.

,,Until we get there, it will take a while." I said, but she still seemed excited.

,,Grandma!" Riley shouted as she walked out her room.

,,There is my princess! Come here!" Mary said and Riley ran to Mary and gave her a big hug. ,,Riley, can grandma ask you a question?" Mary asked Riley and Riley nodded excited. ,,Would you want to have a sibling?" Mary asked and I rolled my eyes playfully.

,,No..." Riley said and that kind of made me sad.

,,Why?" Mary asked her.

,,I don't know. What does a sibling?" She asked.