Where Did I Go Wrong?

Arizona's POV

I feel my bones starting again. But everything hurts. My stomach is a little sore and I can't see anything yet. I hear mumbling but I can't understand them at all. The last thing I remember was Amelia telling me who he was. I hear yelling but I'm scared to move. I'm scared he might find me again so I groan. I need Amelia. I groan again, but louder. I hear someone whispering. A small touch meets my hand.

"M-Melia..." I groan again. She shushes me.

"It's o-okay, baby. Rest, we c-can talk later." I feel her body surround me and I flutter my eyes a little. "Go back to sleep."

Amelia's POV

"Clear!" I heard voices around me but he only thing I could focus on was Arizona. She couldn't die. We didn't even get married yet. Sofia needs to see her again. I can't live without her. I stood there, useless. Nothing. "Charge to 200!" Her body shook, but nothing. No heartbeat. She's dead, and I can't undo it. I'm going to kill that son of a bitch who raped her. This is all my fault. If we hadn't fought, she wouldn't have been here. I would've at least given her a thank you for standing up to me. Instead, I was the one who put her in this situation and she's dead. I felt an arm drape over my shoulder. I turned to see who it was, Maggie.

"I'm so sorry," I turned back to the lifeless body and stood there. Unable to move, unable to speak, unable to love again. Because she was dead. She was gone. Because of me. I'm so mad that she gave up on me like that. But I'm also mad at myself for not doing anything. All I wanted to do was live with her. Because I loved her. She loved me. I didn't get to tell her how much I needed her. It's too late. I can't go back again. I lost the love of my life. I just wanted to sleep in her arms, dead or alive. The thing is, all I wanted to do was be with her.

She was my lover, and I was hers.