I Missed You Sooner Than I Expected

Amelia's POV

Damn it. Damn it. She saw me. She saw me kiss him. I didn't even want to. I just pulled away. She turned away with no emotion in her eyes. Damn it!

"Hey, have you seen Robbins?" I ask Meredith near the desk. 

"Yeah. I just finished taking her around the hospital for a walk." She says. "She's in the ICU." She points behind me. What?! Is she hurt? No. Instead, she was sitting on a chair next to Kelly, my patient. I found out the girl she jumped in front of a train with was her girlfriend. Her mom didn't like that she was a lesbian, so she sent her to a... camp. They just wanted to die together, happily. I walked near the ICU without them noticing.

"I'm a lesbian. I've always been scared to come out to my parents. I don't know. I just... felt alone." I hear Kelly say. 

"You're not alone. I like girls too. I'm out and proud of it. I have a huge crush on your doctor, by the way." Arizona giggles, making my heart flutter. 

"Did you say anything to her yet?" Kelly smirks. 

"I... I did. I can't wait to ask her out on a date. But, your mom supports you now. Right?" She changes the subject. 

"Yeah. Thanks for helping me, Dr. Robbins." 

"That's Arizona for you." She smiles. Kelly spots me, wide–eyed. 

"Dr. Shepherd, hi." Kelly waves happily. Arizona turns her head back to me, smiling shyly. 

"Kelly, hi. I just came to check up on Dr. Robbins here. Dr. Grey and her went on a short walk." I tried to avoid Arizona's eyes falling to the floor, but she looked so upset. "Do you mind if I take her back to her room for a bit?" 

"Not at all. I'll see next time, Dr. Robbins." Kelly waves her hand goodbye as Arizona tries walking, I catch her before she falls. 

"B–Bye, Kelly." Arizona gasps out, looking back at me. She blushes. As we get into Arizona's room, I place her body onto the bed. Her feet dangling off of it. 

"I'm sorry you saw that." I start. 

"I..." She groans, rolling her eyes and lays down on the bed more comfortably. "Of course you'd say that." 

"What?" I ask her, laying down next to her. 

"Nothing." She faces the other side of the bed. 

"Arizona." I pull on her shoulder, making her face me. She had tears in her eyes. Damn it.

"Just leave me alone, Amelia." She sobbed, pushing my chest. 

"No. I'm not leaving you like this. You are sad, and vulnerable. So do it, just hurt me. Do anything." I state her words when she found out I had a divorce. 

"I can't, because you didn't do anything wrong!" She tries to pull away but I just hold her as she sobs hard on my chest.