I'll See You On The Other Side

Amelia's POV

"You'll be okay." I help put on her gown. "I'll be right in there, doing surgery on you. I'll be by your side, okay?" 

"I know, Amy. I'm not a child." She playfully smacks my stomach, sending me into a huge fit of giggles. 

"Dork." I bopped her nose, sighing. I turn her around to look at her. She gives me her best smile, flashing me her dimples and tilting her head. "Why are you looking at me like that?" 

"I just want you to know... that kiss. I meant it." My heart exploded at the moment. She liked me? Like, like liked me? This made me smile from ear to ear, caressing her face with my hands. "I really like you. And I know you're in love with Owen, but I just had to say it. I wanted to tell you the truth before this surgery changes my life, Amelia." 

"I... I like you too." 

Arizona's POV

"So you finally admit that you like her?" I see Callie standing a few feet away from my hospital bed. No. Not here. Not now. Arizona, stop it.

"Callie." I look at her, earning a small expression of worry from Amelia's eyes. 

"Arizona?" She places her hand on my leg. 

"Callie, stop it. Stop that!" Callie steps closer to my bed, again covered in blood. 

"Arizona, close your eyes. You're hallucinating." Amelia tries to calm me but she doesn't go away. She's not.

"Callie, please." I cry. "Just stop. I mean it!" 

"Oh come on, Arizona. She said she likes you back." She laughs evilly. "She'll pay for that."

"No. No. No! Amelia..." I look up at Amelia. 

"Arizona, keep your eyes on me... okay? I'm right here. Don't look over there. She's not there. Nobody is. It's just you and me in the room, alright? Think of ice cream and rainbows." 

"It's not working, please!" 

"Okay, okay. Take deep breaths. Remember the time you masturbated in the bathroom because of me?" That made me laugh and blush, I turned to Callie. She was fading. 

"More. She's almost gone." 

"Uh, okay..." She released a sigh of relief. "The first time Derek introduced me to you, we touched hands. I... had a crush on you a long time ago. I realized you were from Johns Hopkins, I wish I'd met you before. But, I was a mess. So, I'm glad you and I met here." I turned back to where Callie was standing but she wasn't there anymore. 

"Amelia, I think I'm ready."