I'll Always Show Up

Arizona's POV

"Is it okay if I ask you something?" Amelia asks me as we plop down on the bench. 

"Hm? Yeah." I nod, placing my arm around her. 

"How did you... stay strong after your brother died?" She narrows her eyes at me. "You don't have to answer if you're uncomfortable." 

"Well..." I sigh. "My childhood best friend, Nick. He told me to keep going, but it was hard. I guess he was my... motivation." I look over to Sofia going down the slide. "I really missed him. But Nick was there for me." I exhale. "I lose a lot of people." 

"I know the feeling," She answers back, cupping my face. 

"Mark died. Everyone else in the hospital except the people that took care of him... they thought he gave up and died on the plane. I... I was the one who told him we were waiting. I never got to tell him goodbye. I never said anything. It was just that one day that Callie told me he died. I felt like..." I started tearing up. Amelia quickly wiped the tear off of my face. 

"A part of you had died." Amelia finishes my sentence. "You felt mad, and pissed, and hurt because he gave up on you. He promised you he would always be there. But, he didn't. You were mad that you didn't even have a say or do anything else. You never saw him die peacefully. He just left." Amelia pulls me closer to her. After a few moments, she started rubbing my back as I sobbed in her arms. 

"Amelia?" 

"Hm?" 

"I don't wanna lose you," 

"Arizona, you'll never lose me. Okay?" 

"Okay. Promise?" 

"I promise."