I Say It Cause I'm Dying Too

Amelia's POV

I sat there. On the hospital bed. Not caring who saw me hold her hand like I'm holding on for dear life. I heard a knock on the door. I turned to see them. It was Owen.

"Hey, uh... I heard about Robbins." He took a step closer to me, closing the door. 

"Yeah." I faced my back on him, keeping my eyes still on the blonde.

"Listen, Amelia. I love you. I... I'm sorry I forced you to have a baby with me. I was just so caught up in feeling happy I didn't realize I was keeping you in such pressure. I hope you'll come home again." He looks at me with those eyes as I glare at him. 

"I'm not coming home, Owen." 

"I know I was wrong and I didn't––"

"You don't understand." 

"Understand what?" He shifts himself to the other side of the bed. 

"I want a divorce. Not because you forced me to have a baby with you. But because I didn't want to hurt you with my feelings for someone else." 

"What does that mean?" 

"I'm in love with someone, Owen." I exhale. "I want a divorce. Please, just accept it." I look away from him. "We were a mistake. We were just some kind of fuck buddies. We had no chemistry. You may have thought we did, but in my eyes... In my eyes I'm in love with someone else." 

"A divorce?" 

"Yes, Owen. I––" The door swung open for the second time, revealing April. 

"Is she awake yet? Sofia and Harriet are with Jackson." The redhead looks over at Arizona, still not awake. "Oh." 

"She's stable for now. You can bring the kids in to see her. I bet Sofia missed her a lot." I looked down, trying to fight the tears threatening to flood my eyes. 

"Okay, thanks Shepherd." 

"It's my job." 

I knew I shouldn't have operated on Arizona since I liked her, but we weren't even dating. We were just... friends before the surgery. But I don't think we'll be 'just friends' once she wakes up.