I Wanna Give You What You Need

Arizona's POV

I couldn't sleep. So I just laid there. Watching Amelia dozing off until the sun rose again. I heard the crash carts moving, gurneys, patients crying for help. But I couldn't move. I could just watch and sit there. I was supposed to get discharged yesterday but Meredith said I needed just one more day until I was ready. I heard Amelia groaning. I felt tears flooding my eyes again.

"A–Arizona...?" She says in a raspy voice. 

"G–Go back to sl–sleep." I shivered, not moving from my very spot.

"You're cold." She says sweetly, pulling the blanket above us both. After a few moments, I decided to break the silence. 

"So I guess our date is canceled, right?" I scoff pathetically. 

"Arizona... just because I kissed another man doesn't make you the second best person in my life." She whispers in my ear. All I could do was cry. 

"Why can't you just leave, Amelia? I'm fine. Meredith's discharging me today and I'm going home." I argue. 

"I am too. I'm going home. And I'm staying with you. Cause that's where I believe I'm the happiest at." She tries to calm me. "So you're just stuck with me." 

"Because why, you pity me?!" I scream, finally out of her arms. 

"No, because I like you.  And you're sweet, you're caring. You love kids. You make me happy. You make me smile. You mean everything. And even if I try, I can't move on! I can't do it because you are my everything! Okay?! I like you for you!" I cry once more, she just holds me in her hands. 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean to." I whisper sadly in her ear, whimpering. She just keeps stroking my hair to make me feel better. 

"I know. It's okay."