She Left Me Here Like Everybody Else

Amelia's POV

I woke up, still in Arizona's guest bedroom. It was silent. Then, I realized. It's never silent when Arizona has Eliza over. As I got closer to her room, I heard soft sobs. I walked inside and found her, curled up in a ball, sobbing softly. Eliza wasn't there. She faced the wall, not knowing I was there. It broke me to see her like this. Why was she crying?

"Arizona?" I sit on the edge of the bed, she stays silent... but still sobbing. I rub her back to calm her, scooting my body closer to hers. "Shh... it's okay." She whimpers sadly, then tilting her head to face me. "Are you okay?" 

"N–No..." She curls up even more, placing her body in my arms. "E–Eliza... sh–she.. left m–me." 

"Oh, Arizona." Why would somebody do something like that to her?  "Why'd she leave you?" 

"I don't know. She said she got fired, and she needed to pack. So I left her with some space for a few hours and she never came back. No messages. She didn't even answer my calls." She sobbed, facing me and cuddling onto my chest. She cried and cried. 

"I'm so sorry Arizona." 

"It's okay. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything." She slightly pulled away from me, revealing two big pools of wetness on my shirt. "I'm sorry about your shirt. I'll clean it, I promise." She gave me her sad blue eyes that I couldn't resist.

"You don't need to. It's just a shirt, come on. Let's eat some breakfast."