Epilogue: Bria and Darius

Darius

"Alright I'll see you later boss," I tell my boss before heading out the door. I had to go get Phoenix from school.

She didn't wanna ride the bus because she didn't like sharing a seat with other kids.

That girl is more stubborn than me.

I never thought of myself as a dad. But here I am picking my daughter up, taking her home so my fiancée and I can cook dinner and eat as a family.

Hey I got my shit together pretty quickly. Just yesterday I would quite literally sleep with anyone or anything for that matter.

But Phoenix taught me how beautiful and precious life is. I couldn't take it for granted and waste it. Especially with such an amazing daughter by my side with my fiancée.

And you'll never guess who my fiancée is.

Bria

"Bailey can you pick up an extra shift next week? Prisha had to call out to take her daughter to visit her dad," I ask her.

"Yes ma'am I certainly can," she smiles. "And thank you for giving me this job."

"You're welcome," I smile and go back to my office.

After I had got out of jail, I didn't even know if I'd have a life after prison. I had a child to look after and her father hated me.

I didn't know what to do. But Phoenix gave me a reason to persevere everyday and so I did and it paid off.

I'm the manager of the restaurant I started working at. You can't get many jobs with a criminal record. But I kept at it and made my way up.

Darius and I are also engaged now and Phoenix is 6 years old now.

Speaking of Darius, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Hey sexy are you gonna be late from work today?"

"Nah I'm leaving right now actually."

"Alright I'll see you in a bit," he hangs up.

I lock up my office. "Okay guys don't forget that the grease in the back needs to be taken out. It smells rancid," I laugh. "I'll see you all tomorrow. Let me know if any problems."

I leave and get in my car and I decide to stop by the post office to send a package.

It was to Kamaria and Aubrey. After all the shit I put them through and my immaturity, they still helped me out when I needed it. After I got out of prison, they were there to help me out with Phoenix when need be.

Prison gave me a long time to rethink a lot of things. Giving birth to a child made me realize I needed to prioritize better. All that effort I went to so I could trap Aubrey...for what?

Now I have a beautiful daughter and an amazing fiancé. I didn't even think Darius and I would get along for Phoenix. Now we are damn near about to get married.

It's crazy how shit can work out like that.

I'm glad that things did. That I was even fortunate enough to get a second chance because I barely deserved it.

I put so many people through so much. My brother didn't even make it out of prison, he died there from a really bad infection. An inmate stabbed him and the stab area got infected badly.

He did the wrong thing by helping me. But he didn't deserve that. I shouldn't have put him through that.

I get home and enter the garage, only to see Phoenix running down the hallway to give me a hug.

"Mommy you're home," she smiles.

"Girl you think I'd miss dinner? Come on let's make baked Mac and cheese."

"Does daddy get a kiss too," Darius smirks.

"Maybe if he helps me cook dinner," I smirk back. "Only if I get dessert after," he licks his lips and kisses me.

"Um I wanna eat. Not watch y'all eat each other," Phoenix leaves.

"She's going back to watch like bubble guppies or sum. That gives us thirty minutes until it switches to paw patrol which she doesn't like," Darius smirks.

"But dinner—," he picks me up and carries me to the bedroom. "I already ordered pizza."

"Fuck okay," I lock out bedroom door.

I didn't feel like cooking anyways

Thank you for reading
Vote, comment and share❤️
Bria was not....a well liked character. How do you guys feel about her right now?