Chapter Sixty Four

Aubrey

Things have been going really smooth these last few days. Business had been good. Life has been great. Things have been looking up.

Kamaria's graduation was coming up and afterwards, we were going to visit my mom. But this time her parents would be coming with us so they could all meet each other.

We've been able to get her father's immigration status in check and so far the process has been going really smoothly. Makes me upset to know that it's only because of my status this can happen. Especially considering the fact that he didn't even know about it.

Nonetheless, I was really excited for our trip to Canada cause I was finally going to propose....the right way though.

I got a different ring this time. I just felt like this one might be the one. It might represent everything we've been through the best and our future.

I was really excited about it and I was also really excited to close a deal I had been working on for a while at work

I was really excited about it and I was also really excited to close a deal I had been working on for a while at work. I felt like things were finally coming together for me. I just needed to be patient.

Bria was also getting out early. I gave Darius two weeks off with pay...Lord knows how crazy he's going having to deal with her. Kamaria and I would watch Phoenix for him from time to time and let me tell you...it's been giving me a lot of baby fever.

Kamaria hadn't been feeling well. After Kayla's incident...I was thinking that maybe she was pregnant. Hoping in all honesty. But she told me she checked and wasn't... and she was gonna go to the hospital today to see what was up.

My thoughts are interrupted by some footsteps in my office.

"He— Daniel?"

I know Daniel worked for me. But he stayed out of my way and I stayed out of his way. We never talked unless it was about work. And even if it was about work, people were always around. Despite me not being his biggest fan, he was a great employee. So I had no reason to call him to my office anyways and he never came. So I was surprised to see him.

"Can I talk to you for a second Mr. Graham?"

"Yeah...What's up?"

"I want to quit."

I wasn't expecting that statement. "Why? Is something wrong?"

He shakes his head. "No nothing is wrong. But I'm moving to Ghana."

Oh wow. "I— oh damn man. I mean congratulations if this is what you want to do with your life."

He nods. "Yeah I mean I really enjoyed working here and I've been able to learn a lot of skills and perfect my craft. But I'd like to venture out and...do more," he explains. "And I just thought I'd give you the heads up," he stands up.

"Well thank you Daniel," I shake his hand. "It was a pleasure working with you. We can discuss some last minute stuff whenever you'd like."

"The same to you boss thanks," he smiles and walks out of my office.