Chapter Twenty

Kamaria

I wanted to strangle Cristiano. But there was more things rushing through my mind.

I just modeled for a bunch of people who don't know who I am. At least my mom was there...

And Aubrey.

After the show, I returned into my normal clothes and went to find everyone.

"You looked amazing up there," My mom smiled.

"Thanks mom," I laugh. I couldn't help but feel people's eyes on me. I felt uncomfortable.

"They're only looking at you because they want to sign you," Cristiano told me.

I frown. I didn't wanna be any type of model what so ever. I could see the worry on Aubrey's face too.

"I don't want to model," I state. I could see the relief in Aubrey's face.

"Don't worry my daughter won't be leaving your company any time soon," My mom smiles.

Lord have mercy.

"We should go get something to eat," Aubrey says to distract from the awkwardness.

"I'm down," I shrug.

We decide on a restaurant and head there.

Aubrey

We arrive at the restaurant. I was in my car and Kamaria was behind me. I really wanted her mom to like me...not that she didn't already. Not that it even mattered if I couldn't get her daughter to like me.

I get out the car and head to their car. "I got you," I open the door for Kamaria and her mom.

"Thanks," she smiles. We head inside and find our reserved table.

"This is a nice restaurant," Kamaria's mom says.

"Yeah it is, you have good taste," Kamaria reiterates.

"I try," I smirk.

We order food and wait for it to arrive.

"So Aubrey," Kamaria's mom starts. "What's it like owning your own company?"

I was surprised by the question, but happy. Nobody ever really asks me what it's like. They just get straight to the money.

"It feels weird when I think about it," I chuckle. "I have a lot more power than I'm aware of and I can change lives with a call. It sucks because it's always the wrong people in these positions."

A lot of big CEO's are corrupt, rude and sick. I have my flaws but I tried to carry myself the best way I could.

"Hopefully Kamaria is a good employee?" Her mom laughs over her wine and Kamaria frowns.

"She's the best actually," I grin. I can see a smile creep up on Kamaria's face.

In the middle of our conversation, food arrives and we start eating.

"I've heard a lot about you from Kamaria."

"No you haven't," Kamaria protests.

"Yes I have. And everything you said was true."

"Like what?" I lift my eyebrows, intrigued on what was said about me.

"You're very very attractive and polite," she giggles.

"Don't listen to my mom—," Kamaria tries to interrupt.

"Oh please," her mom laughs. "You said he was very passionate about his job and he seemed to have a—," Kamaria stopped her.