Chapter One

Kamaria

I heard my alarm go off. I got up from bed and looked at myself in the mirror.

Today is the day.

I get up and go to the bathroom. "You got this girl," I tell myself.

I turn on my playlist and get into the shower.

Threw away your love letters
I thought it'd made me feel better
I finally got you out my bed
But I still can get you out my head, ooh
I'm sending you one text at a time
I know your by your phone
So boy pick up your line

I was currently obsessed with Summer Walker, a new R&B singer. I'm telling you, her music is good for the soul.

In the morning, I liked to listen to a lot of R&B artists from Ashanti, Mary J, And Aaliyah (the music that was released anyway) to the new artists like Sza, Summer Walker, and Jhene. It gave me peace in the morning.

Don't get me wrong, I'll turn up to some Megan Thee Stallion at any time.

I stepped out of the shower and got ready for this interview. It was currently 8:00 am and It started at 9:30 am.

I got ready and fixed myself up.

"This is appropriate enough, right?" I look at myself in the mirror.

My body had been through a lot my entire life. Growing up I was always on the chubby side. I got teased a bit but I always ignored it. Then when I lost weight, people still made fun of me. They said I needed to go eat. The same people who told me to starve myself.

Then finally in college, I did gain some weight and I had a nice figure. But the work place can be terrible for women. Nothing you wear will ever be appropriate enough no matter what. It was quite annoying and so I never knew what to wear for interviews. I tried to stay away from dresses though.

I decide to FaceTime my mom.

"Mom?"

"Yes baby. It's early," she groans.

"Is this okay?" I laugh. I felt bad for waking her up but I needed her opinion.

"Now are you finally going on a date," she smiled.

I roll my eyes. "Mom it's 8:24 in the morning."

She shrugs. "Breakfast date?"

I laugh at her. "No my job interview," I tell her.

She sighs in relief. "Thank God. If you went out like that on a date child—," she bursts into laughter.

Thank you so much mom.

"You look great. Remember it's about your mind Kamaria," she reassures me. "And any cute guys at the office," she winks.

I laugh and roll my eyes. "I'll tell you how it goes," I hang up.

If you can't tell, my mother so desperately wants me to find a man.

But I Kamaria Valoy,
am an independent woman and nobody can hold me down and that's on period!

I look at the time and it's about 8:38 am. I leave and grab my keys.

"Let's get this over with."

Thank you for Reading
Vote, comment and share ❤️
Check out my Drake Imagines too!