Chapter Fifty Six*

Aubrey

We've had the opportunity to be in the Dominican for a few days now. I've been giving Kamaria and her mother space. There's a lot for them to catch up on anyways. And I anticipated that so I was getting work done and what not.

But today we were spending time together. And by spending time together...I mean I think I'm going to propose today. It's the perfect opportunity today.

"What do you have planned for today," Kamaria pokes my cheek and comes and sits next to me on the bed.

"You'll just have to wait and see," I smirk. She rolls her eyes.

I know she wasn't the biggest fan of surprises but maybe she'll like this one?

"Go get ready so we can hang out," I nudge her.

"Alright I'll be in the shower."

She heads to the bathroom and I finish getting ready for the day. Kamaria's father had given me a list of places that he thinks she would like, and of course I found a restaurant for tonight.

I haven't slept that good the last few days. I'm nervous and I'm not sure why.

I'm almost always so sure and confident when I do anything, except when it comes to her.

I go into my suitcase and pull out the ring. "God please help me," I mumble to myself and put it in my pocket.

The bathroom door opens, revealing a wet Kamaria

"Took you long enough," I laugh.

"It takes time to look so good you know," she laughs.

"No I wouldn't know you always look good," I kiss her. "I'll be downstairs."

"Ok."

Kamaria

Aubrey leaves and I look for something to wear for today. I appreciate him allowing time for me to hang out with my family but I'm so excited to hang out with him.

I hear a knock on the door. "Yes?" I get up to go open it and see my mother standing there with a smirk.

"What?"

"Oh nothing just wanted to stop by and say hi before you both left," she says.

"Aubrey is already in the lobby," I tell her.

"Oh alright...so what are you gonna wear," she claps her hands. My mom has always been so invested in what I wear.

"Well we are going to visit a few places and then go to dinner tonight which I'll come back and change for," I tell her. I didn't know how "active" we'd get today but plants and a blouse seemed like the way to go.

"Alright you guys have fun," she winks and leaves my room. I get dressed and grab my phone and head downstairs.

I head downstairs and see Aubrey pacing back and forth. He looks quite nervous actually.