Chapter Sixty Two

Aubrey

I woke up the next morning on the couch. I look around and the room just felt...empty.

It looked empty. I only saw my suitcases and I only felt my presence in the room.

Where was Kamaria?

I get up and see the bed is made. Not even her perfume can be identified in the room.

I remember last night and I start to realize how much I fucked up. How absolutely fucked up everything was.

I look for my phone everywhere to call her but I can't find it.

"Fuck," I mumble. I look over on the window and see an envelope. I open it and read it.

Shit.

Kamaria

"Girl how did you even book a flight this fast," Kayla asks.

"I got lucky," I sigh.

"Well where's Aubrey?"

"He just wanted to catch up with friends," I lie. I didn't wanna tell Kayla what happened and why I actually left. I just needed things to air out a bit.

"Hmm alright," Kayla looks at me like she doesn't believe me.

"Anyways how have you been miss baby mama," I change the subject.

"I've been feeling good actually," she laughs.

"Yeah girl you look good," I can see her glowing inside and out.

"It's that dick I'm telling you," she laughs.

"Don't ever change Kayla," I laugh.

"I don't plan on it. Except my vagina gonna change when I push a baby out and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that you dig?"

"No girl I don't dig actually," I laugh.

Kayla and I conversate until she drops me off at home, and I take advantage of being alone to relax.

Before I left Canada, I stopped by Sadie's place.

I wanted to make sure she was okay and I gave her my number to call me if anything.

I also told Aubrey in the letter I left that his mother is sick. He has to know the full extent of her disease.

I didn't really have a plan right now. I knew it wouldn't be too long before Aubrey came back home. Then what do we do?

Every couple has their arguments and their fights. Their ups and downs.

But Aubrey has never been that pissed off before. Never at me. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

Perhaps he just needed me gone to figure out that situation. It's not my place.

But I started to think about what could've happened if we had gotten engaged. Without me being aware of any of this. It's not that I'd regret it...but it wouldn't have been responsible.

I guess everything happens for a reason.

Aubrey