Chapter Fifty Nine

Kamaria

"So what's it like raising a kid," Kayla says. I roll my eye.

Aubrey and I left the Dominican Republic a few weeks ago. But my mom actually decided to stay.

Her and my father are working on rekindling the marriage I guess and she wanted to stay there with him.

I call them at least four times a week to check in with them and see how they're doing. I'm really happy that my mom isn't alone for once.

Aubrey and I are doing really well. We've been working on actually getting to know everything about each other. I'm going to visit his mother with him next week. Darius also has custody of him and Bria's baby girl: Phoenix.

Aubrey and I were helping him out when he needed it. Phoenix was so cute and a really intelligent baby. Once we came back from visiting Aubrey's mom, we would have her for a bit.

"She's really adorable," I laugh. "She doesn't cry much she kind of just looks around and laughs."

"Seems like it's a matter of time for you and Aubrey to start having your own," Kayla winks.

I roll my eyes. "Stop."

I look at Kayla and she has a worried look on her face. And the life was just drained out of her in seconds.

"Hey are you alright?" And next thing I know, Kayla is passed out on the floor.

"Oh shit," I scream.

Aubrey

"Oh shit," I hear Kamaria's voice from down the hall.

"I'll call you back Chubbs," I hang up the phone and go down the hall to see Kamaria on the phone.

"Yeah I don't know we were talking and she just passed out," she said frantically. Pretty soon other people were coming from out their office to see what was going on.

"What happened?"

"She passed out," Kamaria mouths. I see Daniel on the phone probably trying to reach Isaiah.

"Fuck," Kayla groans and gets up from the floor. "Oh my God," Kamaria sighs and tells the operator that Kayla is okay.

"Kayla are you alright?"

She gets up and looks at me. "Yeah I just feel really sick that's all."

"Alright try to go home and get some rest. I'll let Kamaria take you home," I tell her.

I had to go finish my call with Chubbs on the phone. I went to Kamaria. "Make sure she's okay. I have to finish an important phone call."

"Okay," she kisses me and takes Kayla with her.

I went back to my office and call Chubbs back. "Sorry about that," I mumble.

"It's okay," he chuckles. "Duty calls. So when can we schedule this meeting."

"Um...tomorrow? Is that okay?"

"Yes I look forward to closing this deal with you soon Mr. Graham."

"You as well. See you soon," I hang up the phone and run my hands through my head.

Was this the right decision? I called Cristiano because I feel better when I talk to him.

"Hey Cristiano," I said.

"Wow he's calling first. I'm honored," he laughs. "How is everything."

"It's really good right now," I sigh.