Chapter Seventy

Kamaria

Weeks have been passing by and I only feel heavier by the day. I had been feeling pretty okay the past few days.

Being four months pregnant was a lot better than the first three months. I felt a little more energized for some reason.

Kayla had given birth to her son a bit early. I went to visit them yesterday. She named him Malachi and he was so beautiful. He was a very calm and composed baby. The opposite of his parents. Isaiah was really excited to be a dad and I was happy for them both.

Kayla was off from work, leaving me to be the only woman there... and the only pregnant one at that. If felt so odd walking around the office.

All the men in the office were extra careful and nice towards me though. Perhaps that was mostly because I was Aubrey's fiancée.

I was sitting at my desk, writing something up. Aubrey was closing up and important deal. I was really excited for him. I had never seen him as excited or as driven as he was now.

I get up from my seat and something doesn't feel right. It felt wet underneath me. I had felt some cramping earlier yesterday but, this pain was much more intense.

I hurried off to the bathroom to figure out if maybe I had started bleeding. Some women had blood during their pregnancy?

I get into a stall and pull my pants and underwear down...and my heart immediately sank.

I get up and go straight to Aubrey's office. I knew he was in a meeting but we couldn't wait any longer.

"Hold on give us five minutes," he says.

I knock again, nothing.

I go to Darius' desk and see him sitting there, bored out of his mind.

"Aye you never visit m—," I cut him off.

"Please take me to the hospital now! I think something is wrong," I pant, short of breathe.

He doesn't question anything, he just helps me get down to his car as fast as possible.

I felt my heart skipping beats and the worst scenarios building up in my head. Darius was driving as fast as he could and that itself was making me feel sick to my stomach.

Aubrey

"Yeah so we have two weeks to close this deal," I explain.

"Alright where do I sign," Mr. Mayer asks me.

"Right he—," I hear a very urgent knock on my door.

"Hold on give us five minutes."

I hear the knock again and ignore it. Mr. Mayer signs and we close.

"Thank you so much," I shake his hand. "You won't regret it!"

"You bet I won't. And congrats on the engagement and I hear a baby is on the way," he smiles.

"Yes Kamaria is here actuslly," we leave my office to go to hers. I don't see here there. "Hmm usually she's here. Maybe she went—," I feel a vibration from my pocket...Darius?

"Excuse me Mr. Mayer," I answer the phone. "Darius why—," he cuts me off.

"I had to drive Kamaria to the hospital. She said something isn't right."

My brain mentally started to put together that she was the one knocking on my door...and that something was wrong.

"Where are you guys?"

He tells me where he is. "Mr. Mayer, I'm sorry I'm gonna have to cut this short. My wife is in the hospital," I grab my coat.

"Don't worry, I'll see my way out," he nods. "Take care."

"Thank you sir," I run to my car. I felt my heartbreak triple in seconds and my airways feel tight.

If only I opened the fucking door.

Kamaria

I felt tears running down my face. And I felt very confused. After I was rushed to the hospital, they determined that the fetus had no heartbeat.

"So...I'm gonna have to deliver this baby?"

"Unfortunately ma'am that is the case. If you want, you can still see her afterwards. And we can help with anything you may need after," the doctor tells me.

I nod. "Thank you."

Before he leaves, a nurse comes in with Aubrey. I had told Darius to call him when he gets the chance.

"This is her fiancé," the nurse brings him in.

"I'll leave you two and come back if you have any questions," the doctor nods.

Aubrey comes over and wipes the tears off of my face. "What's going on?"

I didn't really wanna tell him. I didn't even feel like I could open my mouth. My jaw felt tight and my mouth was dry.

"Is everything okay?"

"I have to delivery the baby," I mumble under my breathe.

"Kamaria you're only four months there's—," he looks at me and he understand what I'm telling him. 

I lay back down and wait for the doctor to come in. I was just sitting in immense pain. The emotional pain was outweighing the physical pain.

"Can you call my mom," I ask Aubrey. He nods and leaves to call her, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

And all I could wonder is what on earth I did to allow this to happen.

💔💔💔💔💔
Thank you guys for reading & especially for your patience 🥺🌺 Idk what I'd do with a lot of you!
Vote, comment and share ♥️

I won't even lie, I was feeling a lot of pain writing this shit cause I was doing research on it and watching real women's stories who had gone through having a late miscarriage. If that's ever been the case for you, I'm sorry you've ever had to go through that. That's so painful to think about, Nevermind experience

I love you all ♥️