Chapter Nine

Kamaria

After I had met at Aubrey's house about the trip, I had been so nervous about today.

It was around three in the morning and I was finishing up my packing.

I was extremely tired and ready to go to bed. I was praying the plane was comfortable.

I sit down and I hear my phone ringing. But where was my phone.

"Shit," I unzip my luggage and toss some clothes and retrieve my phone.

"H-hello?"

"Hey Kamaria," Aubrey yawns. His voice was still raspy like he had just woken up.

Probably because he did.

"Hey what's up?"

"You sound quite awake," he laughs. "Is it okay if I come get you in an hour? It'll be easier I think."

"Yeah that's okay with me," I laugh.

"Okay see you soon," he hangs up.

I put my phone on the table, far away from my luggage this time.

I go to my room and look for something comfortable to wear.

My mom advised me to look good, regardless how tired I might be because it's "professional."

Listen y'all I'm tired as hell. I don't give a fuck if I look like Oscar the Grouch.

I threw on my red sweatshirt and sweatpants. They were really big and warm.

It was really early so I wasn't really hungry. I decided to make sure my last minute things were packed like my chargers and everything.

I kinda just packed what I thought I would need. It's a business trip not vacation so I just packed what I would need to wear.

I was excited to see what it was like over there. I heard it was beautiful. And very expensive.

But most of all, I was quite nervous. Showing up at this exclusive business conference with Mr. Graham is a big deal. I'm sure everyone will assume I slept with him for the position.

Oh well.

My thoughts get interrupted by a call. "Hello?"

"Ready for take off?" Mr. Graham laughs.

I roll my eyes at his corniness and grab my bags to go.

"Hey," we say in unison.

"Do you have any more bags?" I nod and show him one I left by the steps.

I put everything inside his car. "Damn you're strong," he says, winded from my heavy luggage.

"I have to be," I smirk and hop in his car.

He closes the trunk and gets inside. "How are you?"

It's a simple question yet, it means a lot when someone cares enough to check in.

Nobody ever did.

"Oh me? I'm fine how are you?"

"Tired," he yawns.

I yawn right after. "Well I guess yawns are really contagious," I laugh.

He smiles. "Yeah so is your laugh."

I feel myself blush and turn to look at the window. Mr. Graham pulls into some lot with a really big plane.

I turn and look at him. But he beat me to it and was already looking at my outfit.