63:: A Christmas to remember

"Even if i wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. 4:00- wallow in self pity. 4:30- stare into the abyss. 5:00- solve world hunger, tell NO ONE. 5:30- jazzercise. 6:30- dinner with me. I can't cancel that again. 7:00- wrestle with my self loathing. Im booked!"

-Grinch, The Grinch stole Christmas with Jim Carrey

~

"Merry Christmas!" Kai called to Jennie and Dr.Nam as he exited the hospital.

Once they had exited they were met with Taehyung's car.

"We need to stop at 'EXES' to get my car." Jungkook explains as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Okay." Taehyung responded, looking back to see if Kai was buckled before leaving.

Once they made it to the club Jungkook got out of the car and went inside, confusing Taehyung. He exited with an envelope. Quickly getting in his car and heading to his apartment.

"Why'd you go in?" Taehyung asked once they were in the apartment.

"I was quitting and getting my paycheck." Jungkook shrugged.

"Oh." Taehyung nodded.

"Okay, let's put up our Christmas tree," Jungkook exclaimed, getting the small tree out of the closet.

"Yes!" Kai yelled.

"I'll facetime mom and dad." Jungkook said, getting his iPad out.

Kai dragged the box of decorations out of the closet as Taehyung watched the two excitedly bounce around their home. He smiled sadly not having Christmas with his family for years.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked sitting down.

"I haven't had christmas with my family in years," Taehyung laughs. "It's stupid really."

"No it's not," Jungkook reassures. "Who do you normally have christmas with?"

"Hobi, Yoongs, Namu, and San." Taehyung responds.

"But that is your family." Jungkook stated. "You love them and they love you unconditionally. You are happy when you're around them and they are just as happy."

"Yeah," Taehyung smiled. "You're right."

"I know I am. But always call your family on the holidays just to make sure they know you thought about them."

"Oh, I didn't tell you I guess. My parents died when I was 11. My grandma took me in but she died in 2014." Taehyung bitterley stated.

"Oh baby." Jungkook responded hugging the older.

"Yeah, but it's okay, like you said I have this family." Taehyung said as he hugged Jungkook tightly.

"Ew!" Kai yelled walking back into the living room.

The two laughed at him, and broke the hug.

"I can call everyone if you want." Jungkook offered.

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna invite two more people." Taehyung responded, making Jungkook tilt his head.

"Who?"

"Jimin and Somi." Taehyung responded, already on the phone with Somi.

Jungkook's eyes widened as he texted the group chat to come to his house to help decorate.

"Hey Somi... Yeah I was... Yes he was... I did but- Somi... Somi... Somi, we are back together... Yeah... Anyways, I wanted to invite you and Jimin to help us decorate for Christmas... I'm not joking... Okay, I'll text you the address." Taehyung sighed and hung up the phone.