04:: Confident Introverts

"There is an immense amount of beauty in the way your cheeks blush, in the way you dress and talk far too fast. How you drink your coffee and the dreams that cover your skin. The color of your eyes and the sense of all your lonely nights."

-Conny Cernik

~

"This is your locker. Your dance shoes and any other things you use daily for dancing will go here. This is your job now. I expect it to be taken seriously." the usually smiley Hoseok said firmly.

"I- ok..." Jungkook said shakily.

"You will have private practice for the next few days with me. You will be expected to learn the dance I taught the other dancers in previous weeks in a few days. Because the comeback is next week, you need to learn fast." Hoseok explained.

"Ok. Can I see the whole thing first and see if I can do anything from it?" Jungkook asked confidently.

"I wouldn't be that confident boy. This is the hardest dance I've ever taught them." Hoseok said, now laughing.

"I'll take my chances." Jungkook said, looking at Hoseok expectantly.

Hoseok shrugs and puts a thumb up so Yoongi knows to start the song. Once he finished Jungkook shrugged and muttered a quick ok, walking towards the middle of the studio while Hoseok moved closer to the wall.

Jungkook took a minute to make sure he was exactly copying what Hoseok had looked like when he did the first pose, smiling at Hoseok once he was done to signal he was ready.

Hoseok shook his head at Yoongi, signaling for him to start the music.

Jungkook focused as he danced, trying to remember everything he saw Hoseok do. Surprisingly to him, he did the whole dance flawlessly, leaving Yoongi and Hoseok to look at him incredulously, both shocked that Jungkook could have memorized the whole dance by watching it once.

"How was that?" Jungkook asked, breathing heavily once the song had cut off

"I-" Hoseok took a second to gather himself then turned to Taehyung. "DID YOU FUCKING SEE THAT!?" he yelled, clear shock and happiness written all over his face.

"That was the best thing I have ever seen!" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly.

Jungkook, who didn't even know that Taehyung was in the room, was shocked to say the least.

"I think we were right when we said that he could take Jimin's spot as lead!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"Definitely." Taehyung agreed.

"Wait- lead spot?" Jungkook asked dumbfounded as he listened to what the elder males were saying.

"You didn't know?" Hoseok asked, equally as dumbfounded as Jungkook. "The dancer that quit was our lead. We didn't know if we'd be able to find someone to take his spot right away, but you are everything we needed and more. You are an amazing dancer, maybe even better than Jimin was."

"But you will need to practice the dance a few more times before we can say that you know it." Taehyung said firmly.

"We blocked out this studio all day so you can practice. In a few days you meet the crew and we can practice it with everyone before making any final decisions." Hoseok explained quickly.

"I'm excited to be included in this with you guys." Jungkook said shyly.

"Huh? That was random Jungkook, what do you mean?" Taehyung asked.

"Well, you've been my idol for years. And you are only a few years older than me. Maybe if I am able to help you guys enough I can be noticed by someone else for my talents."