12:: Painting

"Five minutes of communication can save a year's worth of turmoil and misunderstanding."

-Unknown

~

The rest of the day went by like it was nothing, Taehyung finished filming the comeback trailer at around 1:00 AM. When they finished filming they told him it would be about three days for them to edit the trailer and put it all together.

Today Taehyung would be painting a canvas for his first short film. His next comeback would be having seven short films and one trailer, the trailer was filmed yesterday and would be edited together over the next three days.

The painting would be a portrait of himself with paint splattered all over it. Taehyung wasn't exactly the best artist, but he would do his best to make it the most beautiful painting he had ever seen. With some help from Jungkook of course.

When he got the idea to have a painting in the film, he knew he was going to need some help. What better than the kid that is basically a master at anything you ask of him? Taehyung asked him about it a few days ago and Jungkook, being the nice person he was, said he would do it, despite still being slightly annoyed with Taehyung because of the incident they had on Jungkook's second official day at Jinhit.

Taehyung sat in an empty room in his company's building, waiting for Jungkook. The room was painted white and had a white table placed right in the middle of it. There was one chair on each side of the table. A black clock hung from the wall right above the door.

Taehyung sat on the chair closest to the door and looked at all the art supplies he had brought. He had placed all the pencils, markers, paint, paint brushes, and a couple of pens on the desk. He probably wasn't going to use anything other than the paint, paint brushes, and the pencils.
Taehyung looked up at the clock that read 2:28 PM. They had planned to meet here at 2:30 PM. Taehyung slowly started to zone out as he stared at the clock, lost in thought.

Suddenly the door swung open, revealing a smiling Jungkook. Taehyung's head shot up, looking at Jungkook who just laughed at his startled state. "Stop laughing, you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry." Jungkook said, still chuckling at the elder's expression. Jungkook sat down right next to Taehyung, grabbing the canvas and pencil. "So, what's the plan?"

"Just a portrait of me with colorful paint dripping from it." Taehyung said, grabbing a pencil to help Jungkook sketch out his face. Taehyung started sketching his eyes and mouth as Jungkook worked on his hair and face shape.

"Ready to start painting?" Taehyung asked, looking over at Jungkook after they had finished sketching out his face, hair, and shoulders. "I think so, yeah," Jungkook said.

Taehyung grabbed the black paint from the far left side of the table and splattered some on the wooden pallet. "Well, now all we have to do is paint it."

Jungkook picked up a paint brush and started painting on the canvas. They painted the outline of the portrait back and added a few fandom strokes just to make it look artistic. It didn't take long for Jungkook to finish painting the black outline so he told Taehyung he could start dripping and splattering the colors.

"Ooh I get to do the fun part." Taehyung cheered, happily picking out a couple of colors. Taehyung splattered all of them on a pallet and began dripping paint onto the canvas. He started with blue, dripping it from the painting of Taehyung's face.

He started with his jaw and let it drip. Then he then went to his hair, using every color and dripped them from the painting, until it was time to splatter it. He picked up the paint brush with red paint on it and splattered it on the canvas, forgetting Jungkook was standing right beside the canvas.

"Oh my- this is a new shirt!" Jungkook said, looking down at at his clothes mournfully.

"It looks like you're bleeding, It makes you look badass." Taehyung giggled a little, looking at Jungkook's white shirt that now had red paint on.

"Badass? It looks like I got ketchup on it!" Jungkook exclaimed, not even wanting to try to get the paint off, knowing it would just smear and make an even worse stain.

"No it doesn't, it looks like you tackled someone and won." Taehyung resorts, giving Jungkook a smirk.

Jungkook being the smart ass he just picked up the red paint brush and splattered it all over Taehyung's light blue shirt. "Wow Taehyung, you look like a real badass!" he said sarcastically.

"Oh my god Jungkook!" Taehyung yells, his eyes wide open and his mouth making an 'O' shape.

"What? I thought it was badass."

"I didn't say I wanted to be a badass!" Taehyung complained, staring at Jungkook with the most disgusted look on his face.

"Why wouldn't you?" Jungkook crossed his arms with a cocky expression.

"Because it doesn't look badass on me, it only looks hot on you!" Taehyung yelled, not even noticing what he just said. As soon as he realized he just called Jungkook hot he put a hand over his mouth as his checks turned a slight pink shade.

"Did you just call me hot?" Jungkook asked and smirked, a sudden rush of confidence running through his veins as he stepped closer to Taehyung. "You think I'm hot, don't you."

"I- no, I didn't say that." Taehyung said, backing up. The older looked around, trying to find a way to change the subject.

"But you did." Jungkook stepped closer to him again, noticing how Taehyung's eyes glanced all around the room, not daring to make eye contact with the younger.

"Well, would you look at the time, I better get going." Taehyung chuckled nervously as he made his way to the door, running out as fast as lightning.

Happiness was the only thing that could explain what Jungkook was feeling. Pure joy ran through his body as he made his way out of the room. He searched all around the building but didn't find Taehyung anywhere, so he decided to ask Namjoon if he had seen him.

"He just left about five minutes ago." Namjoon said with a confused expression. "Weren't you two painting together?"

"Yeah, but he ran out... it's a long story." Jungkook said, looking at his manager with a weird smile. Namjoon smirked and wiggled his eyebrows at Jungkook, getting the wrong idea in his head.

"Oh my god! We did not have sex!" Jungkook yelled, enunciating the 'not'. His cheeks turned a light peach color.

"Are you sure you didn't?"

"We. Did. Not. Have. Sex." Jungkook said, getting a little mad at the older. Wrinkles forming on his forehead as he glared at his manager.

"Okay, okay, you didn't have sex I get it." Namjoon chuckled, giving Jungkook a pat on the back as he walked away, leaving Jungkook embarrassed and with tinted cheeks.

»»————««

So- Tae thinks he's hot- and Jungkook is very self confident- sometimes-

Annnywayyyys~Stay safe, stay healthy, and until next time our Baby Crackheads <3{1173 words without endnote}

{Edited 6-1-2020}