45::HAPPY BIRTHDAY

“May you have all the joy your heart can hold, all the smile a day can bring, all the blessings a life can unfold, may you get the worlds best in everything. Happy birthday.”
-Unknown
~
“Can you repeat that?”

“I love you.” Jungkook whispered, suddenly not having the ability to talk at a normal volume as he realized what he had just said to his boyfriend.

Taehyung’s face stayed blank for a few seconds as he processed what had just happened. As Jungkook nervously watched Taehyung, waiting for a reaction, Taehyung was internally doing backflips. Finally, a huge smile that brightened Taehyung’s whole face appeared, Jungkook taking this as a good sign.

“I love you too.” Taehyung finally responded, his smile not only visible on his face but evident in his voice.

After hearing these words, Jungkook looked back at the entrance of Karaoke Kan Shibuya with a huge smile on his face. He ran forward, his arms open wide in order to engulf the younger male in a huge hug. Despite being taller than his cousin, Huening Kai let himself be completely engulfed in Jungkook’s hug.

“I missed you, bud.” Jungkook mumbled as they continued hugging in the middle of the parking lot to the Karaoke Bar.

“Me too.” Kai whispered back, tightening his grip on his cousin, as if the second he let go Jungkook would disappear into thin air. “But I’m still mad at you for not telling me you’re a dancer for Kim Taehyung.”

Jungkook laughed, pulling away from his cousin’s tight grip with a smile.

“How have you been?” Jungkook asked quietly.

“I’m good, getting better.” Kai said sincerely.

“How long do you get to stay?” Jungkook continued to question.

“I get to come to the show tomorrow. But when you go to Tokyo the day after, I go back to Korea.”

“That’ll work.”

Suddenly Hoseok started walking closer to the two, his famous heart shaped smile on full display.

“We’ve met, but it was over FaceTime.” Hoseok started. “I’m-”

“Jung Hoseok. Famous dancer. Choreographer at Jinhit.” Kai interrupted, reciting the basic facts about the man who was introducing himself to him.

“And you’re Huening Kai. Jungkook’s younger cousin.” Hoseok playfully countered.

“You actually remember me?” Kai asked in shock, his eyes wide as he looked at the choreographer.

“You’re very important to Jungkook. I would be a terrible friend if I didn’t.”

“He’s the only one that knows.” Jungkook spoke, for the first time that entire day, having a serious look on his face.

“Okay.” Kai responded, knowing exactly what Jungkook was talking about and knowing that he needed to be serious about the topic.

“If you don’t mind me asking, how do you still have hair?” Hoseok questioned, staring at Kai with an odd look on his face.

“You typically only lose your hair when doing Chemo or Radiation Therapy. I do Biological Therapy, so I take medicine and get injections so my own immune system will fight off the disease on it’s own. I need medication and injections since the immune system isn’t generally able to fight off cancer on its own, hence why people get Chemo and Radiation. It's not practiced as much since it isn’t always the most effective method, but it was the only option that allowed me to continue with the rest of my life as normal. It was a hard decision but in the end, Jungkookie and my aunt agreed to let me do it over something that works more often. And, it’s working, so we didn’t make the wrong choice.” Kai explained as if he was a professional, shocking Hoseok.