20:: The Onset of New Feelings

"And suddenly you know...it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings."
-Unknown
~
Taehyung woke up to the sound of his noisy alarm groaning as he opened his eyes. Sitting up, he decided to get ready for the day, then remembering today was Saturday and he didn't have to work. He decided to take a quick shower and see if someone wanted to hang out with him later.

And by someone he obviously meant Jungkook.

After Taehyung dried his hair, he put on fairly simple clothes and made himself some pancakes with strawberries because he loved them. Once he finished making his breakfast he sat down and opened his phone.

Taehyung: Hey do you wanna hang out or something today? 

He asked his friend and sat his phone down to eat. Less than a minute later his phone dinged with a text back from the said friend.

Jungkook: Yeah sure! What were you thinking?

Taehyung: Maybe lunch and a surprise activity??

Jungkook: hmmm... sounds suspicious... just don't kidnap me.

Taehyung: wouldn't think of it

Jungkook: mhmmm -_-
Jungkook: I'm on to you Kim.

Taehyung: yeah yeah. Pick you up at 11:30 ;)

Jungkook: see you then
Read

Taehyung quickly stuffed the pancakes into his mouth and ran to his room to get an appropriate outfit for his plans. He put on a red frilled sweater, with black ripped jeans, black high top tennis shoes, a silver watch, two silver rings on his pointer and middle finger, and a grey beanie to top it all off.

Meanwhile on the other side of town, Jungkook was slightly panicking. He didn't know what to wear, he hadn't showered yet, and for some reason his heart was pounding at the thought of hanging out with the older male.

Kai walked into Jungkook's room seeing his cousin having a panic attack.

"Bro, what the hell? Calm down." he said quietly, not wanting Mrs. Jeon to hear him swear or start worrying about them. "What is even going on here?"

"Well Tae asked me to hang out and I don't know what to wear and I don't want to dress too formal or too casual." Jungkook explained quickly.

"Get in the shower I'll pick out your outfit." Kai said, laughing at his cousin freaking out.

"Ok, dont pick anything stupid." Jungkook muttered with a scowl.

"I won't," Kai responded with a grin. "Just go shower."

Jungkook walked into the bathroom connected to his room and quickly showered, making sure he smelled nice before wrapping himself in a towel and walking back into his room. He put the outfit Kai laid out for him on and looked in the mirror. He had a black shirt with a black and white flannel over top, with a leather jacket over both, grey jeans with the knees ripped out, black combat boots, silver hoop earrings in all nine of his piercings, one silver ring on his right middle finger, and a black bucket hat to top it all off.

He had to admit, he looked good. After admiring the outfit for a few moments, he walked out to show Kai and his mother what he looked like.

"See, I told you it wouldnt look stupid." Kai exclaimed with a triumphant smile.

"Where are you going?" Mrs. Jeon asked curiously.

"He has a date." the youngest said, dragging out the 'a' in 'date'.

"I do not! We are just hanging out." Jungkook argued, his voice fading as he said the end of the statement.

"Says your panic attack 20 minutes ago." Kai shrugged as he started walking into his room to play overwatch.

"Okay, bye, love you guys!" Jungkook yelled, wanting to escape his cousin's wrath, running out the front door after grabbing his keys. He waited out front of his building until a car pulled up to the curb, beeped and the window rolled down.

"Get in loser. We're going shopping." Taehyung said across the seats.

Jungkook laughed and opened the door to Taehyung's car.

"Oh my god, Danny Deviito, I love your work!" Jungkook said getting into the car.

"Touché," Taehyung replied.

"What for lunch, Mr. Kim?" Jungkook asked in a joking tone.

"I know this great sushi place not far from here." Taehyung explained as he started to pull away from the apartment complex.

"Oh really?! I love that place!" Jungkook clapped his hands in excitement, already knowing where they were going since there was only one good sushi place in the area.

"Yay!" Taehyung laughed, showing off his boxy smile.

They drove in silence the rest of the way to the sushi restaurant, the only sound being the radio and low hum of the engine. Once they parked, both males walked into the building together, Jungkook wearing a mask and Taehyung having a mask, sunglasses, and a cap on.

"Table for two please." Taehyung said to the hostess, slightly pulling his mask down so he could be heard clearly.

"Table or booth?" the lady asked.

"Booth." Jungkook answered quickly, then blushing when he looked at the elder male.
"Yes sir, right this way." the hostess smiled.

The boys followed in silence as she led them to a booth in the corner of the restaurant.
"Your server will be with you in a moment." she stated before walking away, setting a menu down in front of both of the men.

The two sat in a comfortable silence, both of them trying to decide what kind of sushi they wanted.

"Hello," a small woman said, startling both of them as she walked up to the boys. "My name is Chaeyoung and I will be your waitress for this afternoon. Could I get either of you something to drink?"

"Could I have a coke?" Taehyung asked.