70::Crime and punishment

"The opposite of happiness is not sadness. It's boredom."

-unknown

~

Hoseok loudly sighed, completely unexcited for what his day would entail.

"What's with the sigh, Mr. Happy pants?" Jungkook teasingly asked.

"I have to go to court today." Hoseok loudly whined in response.

"I forgot that was today." Taehyung mumbled.

"Yeah, that's because you don't have to go." Hoseok groaned.

"How about we all go out for late lunch after so you can tell us what happens." Jungkook offered as Yoongi, Namjoon, and Seokjin approached them.

"That sounds like a good idea." Namjoon nodded.

"Yeah but my day will be boring, and then I'll have to relive how boring it was by telling you guys." Hoseok groaned.

"Well at least you won't be all alone." Seokjin stated.

"Well you do boring stuff all day, I don't." Hoseok responded matter-of-factly.

"But at least you're not gonna be there by yourself and you won't have to tell the whole story." Seokjin countered.

"It's still gonna be boring, though."

The group laughed at Hoseok's frustration. The man stomped around the practice room while everyone else laughed at his attitude. Hoseok mumbles things in frustration every few seconds, causing the group to continue to laugh at him. Soon, Hoseok finished cleaning and the group dispersed. Taehyung and Jungkook decided to stay behind to work on some songs since they had a completely free day.

"Do you remember when you told me you could sing?" Taehyung asked suddenly.

"Hm, I don't remember the specifics but I know I told you." Jungkook sighed.

"Well, when you did you also said you would sing for me. And right now it couldn't be a more perfect time." Taehyung offered.

"It is a very perfect time," Jungkook laughed. "What should I sing?"

"I have a song that I'm writing with Yoongi that would probably be cool unless your voice is really really deep." Taehyung responded.

"My voice isn't deep, but I have an original that I've been working on a little when I'm sad or lonely." Jungkook countered.

"Okay! Then sing that!" Taehyung excitedly replied with a huge boxy smile.

Jungkook pulled his phone out, "You can't laugh if it's bad."

"I won't," Taehyung smiled. "But you have to go in the booth cause it sounds better in there."

"Fine." Jungkook rolled his eyes and stood up.

Jungkook went into the booth and looked around. It was very plain and empty, just a chair, a microphone, and headphones inside of the room. He sat in the chair and put the headphones on.

Taehyung gave him a thumbs up when he looked his way and secretly pushed the record button. Even if the younger was the worst singer ever, Taehyung wanted to be able to go back and listen to Jungkook sing whenever he wanted. And if he was any good, Taehyung would definitely be making Jungkook sing for him more often.

Jungkook took a breath and then began to sing, "You are the sunlight that has risen again in my life. The return of my childhood dreams. I don't know what this feeling is. Is this a dream too? Dream is a blue mirage in the desert. Deep inside of me, a priori. I can't breathe, I'm happy. The surroundings are getting more and more transparent. I can hear the sea from afar. Crossing the dream, beyond the bush. Go to the place where it gets clearer. Take my hands now. You are the cause of my euphoria. Euphoria. Take my hands now. You are the cause of my euphoria. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah (ooh ooh). Ah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Euphoria. When I'm with you, I'm in utopia." he takes another breath before speaking again. "Yeah that's all, the rest is just chorus and stuff..."

"That was so pretty," Taehyung gushed, making the younger blush. "How long have you been working on that?"

"Only a few months. I don't typically write songs, but when I'm bored and have an idea I'll go with it." Jungkook shrugged, stepping out of the room.

Taehyung quickly tapped the record button again, turning the machine off, hoping the younger one hadn't seen it.

"Why have you been hiding that amazing voice from me for this long?" Taehyung inquired.

"I just get nervous when I sing around other people. Kai barely even hears me sing, and he is my cousin who lives with me." Jungkook answered a bit quietly.

"You have no reason to be nervous, bun. Your voice is absolutely amazing."

Jungkook's bunny teeth showed a bit as he smiled at the compliment.

--

They watched as Hoseok and Seokjin tiredly got out of their car and walked towards the restaurant, both wearing a frown. The group who didn't go to court sat anxiously waiting to hear the news. When the two entered they sat down in the open chairs with a sigh.

"So...?" Jungkook started.

"It went well." Seokjin responded.

"Then why the hell do you look so grim?" Yoongi deadpanned.

"It was just really boring." Seokjin sighed.

"Like I said it would be!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"No one was doubting that it would be very, very, very boring." Jungkook laughed.

"Jihoon got charged with the maximum or 6 months in jail." Seokjin explained.

"Well what is the maximum?" Taehyung asked.

"It's 2,500,000₩." Namjoon spoke up.

"Really?" Jungkook questioned.

"Yeah," Hoseok sighed, leaning his head on Yoongi's shoulder. "It was so boring because his lawyer was trying to pull out all sorts of crap. He kept saying things like, "They have no proof of him actually assaulting anyone," and "This happened in another country therefore should have been taken care of in that country." Like bitch, we have a photo of his face for this purpose exactly, the entire staff who was there or involved gave statements or testified there, and the other country told us to take care of it here. What else do you need?"

Yoongi chuckled at Hoseok's frustration.

"You think this is funny?" Hoseok mumbled.

"Less funny, more cute." Yoongi replied with a faint smile.

»»——⍟——««

In celebration of writing the last chapter of Dance To This, you get a surprise update. so, surpriseeeeee!!

Not the way we barely reached our word limit this chapter. There was just nothing going on but we also wanted to touch on this and kinda close the doors here since we just stopped mentioning it.

We originally planned for this to have around 100 chapters but we're honestly coming pretty close to the end. There's not much else we have planned for this

Aaaaaaaanywaaaaays~

Stay safe, stay healthy, and until next time our Baby Crackheads <3

{Word count 1002 without endnote}

{Edited 3-17-2021}