07:: First Impressions

"Almost everyone will make a good first impression, but only a few will make a good lasting impression,"

~Sonya Parker

"Good morning Jungkook, did you get home safe?" Hoseok asked as soon as Jungkook entered the JinHit building.

"Oh," Jungkook said, grabbing his chest dramatically. "Hoseok hyung you scared me. But anyways, yes, I did get home safe."

"That's good," Hoseok said smiling and walking away motioning me to follow. "Anyways, I'm going to give you a run down before you meet the dancers. One, they might be jealous that you got lead dancer when you haven't been with the company for more than a week. Two, they are gonna doubt you and they will try to challenge your strengths and weaknesses. Three, we are gonna dance after our little meet and greet."

"Do you think they'll like me?" Jungkook asks sheepishly.

"I don't think they will like you at first. But you also have to think, they trained for a long time to even have a shot at your spot so wouldn't you be at least a little upset if someone that just joined your company got your dream spot on the team?" Hoseok replied.

"Well yeah... but I would have to rationalize myself and think 'if they thought they were better than me then i need to try harder.' and that's what I've always done." Jungkook said thoughtfully.

They turned the corner to see Taehyung and San talking in the hallway. Hoseok walked up to them, with Jungkook strolling not far behind.

"Hey San," Hoseok says holding his hand up for a high five. "How have you been, man?"

"I've been good Hobi hyung," San said, giving him a high five then looking at Jungkook. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Jungkookie. He's Tae's new backup dancer." Hoseok replied looking at Jungkook.

"Hi," Taehyung said, looking at Jungkook.

"Hey hyung." Jungkook said blushing.

"Hello, Jungkook it's nice to see you again." San said now knowing the boy's name.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Taehyung asked, surprised.

"W-well not really... we bumped into each other yesterday while I was buying food for my house and he asked for my number but I said no..." Jungkook whispered.

"Well, it was kinda like that..." San said, rubbing the back of his neck sensing the annoyance coming from Taehyung.

"Cool." Taehyung said, walking into the dance studio, visibly upset.

"What's up with him?" Jungkook whispered, following him.

San followed Jungkook silently, sitting against the wall once he had entered the studio and looked at all the familiar faces in the room.

"Listen up!" Hoseok exclaimed, clapping his hands a few times to get everyone's attention. "This is Jungkook. He's our new lead dancer."

"Hey..." Jungkook said sheepishly looking at his feet, giving a slight bow.

Everyone but Taehyung and Hoseok looked at Jungkook curiously, they were just smiling at the boy.

"What happened to Jimin?" a girl asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"He quit due to personal reasons, Momo." Taehyung spoke.

"Where did he come from? I can't be the only one who's never seen him before." a guy sitting in the middle of the floor asked.

"I came for the street dance crew known as Electro... you might have heard of them. I have been dancing hip hop and modern since I was a small child so don't worry about me. I'm also trained in ballet and contemporary." Jungkook said confidently, shocking the other dancers with the complete change from their first impression of him.