02:: Gone

"When you start to feel like things should have been better this year, remember the mountains and valleys that got you here. They are not all accidents and those moments weren't in vain. You are not the same you have grown and you are growing you are breathing, you are living. You are wrapped in endless boundless grace. And things will get better. There is more to you than yesterday." 

-Morgan Harper Nichols

~
Taehyung walked into JinHit Labels and as soon as he got past the first set of doors his choreographer Hoseok, his producer Yoongi, and his manager Namjoon swarmed him.

"Tae! You're not gonna believe this-" Namjoon started.

"Did something happen between-" Hoseok said, cutting Namjoon off only to be interrupted by Yoongi.

"Jimin quit. We need a new backup dancer and quick, your comeback is in a month."

"Like I started saying before I was rudely cut off," Hoseok glared at Yoongi. "Do you know what happened that he would abruptly quit like that?"

"I mean, I'm not shocked..." Taehyung said, glancing nervously at Namjoon.

Namjoon took the hint and let out a quiet sigh before starting to speak. "What do you mean?"

"I noticed he was acting a bit different and I assumed that something was going to happen."

Hoseok and Yoongi let the topic drop after his response. Namjoon noticed the tone Taehyung used , making a mental note to ask Taehyung for details later.

"Well, we need to find you a new dancer, now. He needs to start learning the choreography as soon as possible." Hoseok said, his usual smile not evident, a clear sign to everyone about how serious the situation was. Hoseok was known to be serious only when it came to Taehyung's career, especially if it involved dancing.

"We're on our way to a dance studio nearby to find some candidates. Do you want to come with us?" Namjoon asked.

"Sure, why not?" Taehyung said, shrugging, happy to have an excuse not to work.

The group left the building, deciding to walk since it was only a few blocks away and it was a nice day, the sun shining brightly with a cool breeze. After all the pressure of planning and piecing everything together, they needed fresh air.

Taehyung's comeback caused quite the chaos in JinHit. Everyone wanted to do their best, making each comeback better than the last. Being the only soloist in the company, all the spotlight was dawned on him. He has a reputation for giving quite the comebacks for a rookie, his songs and albums climbing up the charts fast.

Namjoon walked side by side with Taehyung, taking notes of how the younger boy wasn't in his usual mood, not happy and cheerful as usual. He also takes notes that Taehyung has slowed down, taking this as an opportunity to talk to the idol.

"Alright, now spill," Namjoon said quietly to Taehyung once they had exited the building.

"I broke up with him." Taehyung said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.

"What?! Why!?" Namjoon whispered frantically, both concerned for Taehyung's feelings but also upset since Jimin was a wonderful dancer. He chose to ignore that little bit and focused on the younger male.

"He started acting differently. He was colder and he stopped putting forth effort in our relationship. It just made me lose feelings."

Namjoon marvelled at how calm Taehyung was about the situation.

"But I thought you guys were gonna be forever?" Namjoon said, puzzled. He has always seen the spark in both the males' eyes whenever they saw each other, the two always able to lighten the mood, even if the mood was already light.

Namjoon unconsciously grinned a little, thinking of when Jimin and Taehyung first met. They clicked immediately, like soulmates. But he quickly snapped back into reality when he heard Taehyung's low sigh.

"Me too," Taehyung says looking up at Namjoon, tears evident in his eyes. "But you can't love someone who doesn't love you back, hyung, can you ?"

"You have no idea, Tae," Namjoon mumbled, looking down.

"What was that, hyung?"

"Oh nothing... I was just saying that you shouldn't be too worked up about if you were the one that broke up with him." Namjoon quickly came up with a lie.

"That's not fair!" Taehyung suddenly shouted, making Namjoon's eyes widen in shock. "You can't just say that like I didn't love him too," his voice faded to a whisper.

"But you had already lost feelings and you broke that poor boy's heart when you broke up with him." Namjoon said, his voice quiet as well.

"Hyung, it was his own fault for being so cold and distant towards me." Taehyung said in a whiney voice. He sounded like a brat, which annoyed Namjoon, but he kept calm.

"Tae," Namjoon said, sighing. "You could have talked to him about it instead of seeing if he would change without you saying anything about it."

Namjoon looked up after no reply to see Taehyung, his Tae, silently crying.

"Look what that inconsiderate kid did to my Tae." Namjoon thought. He suddenly stopped walking his steps and grabbed Taehyung's wrist, making him stop too.

"What Hyung? " Taehyung said, looking at the elder in confusion. Only for him to pull the younger into a comforting hug.

"I'm sorry that I said that. I know it must have been hard for you." Namjoon murmured.

The only thing Taehyung could manage to do was whimper in response, but it was covered up by Hoseok's yelling.

Taehyung quickly wiggled out of Namjoon's arms and wiped away his tears, putting on a small smile before turning towards Hoseok.

"What's going on?" Taehyung asked curiously, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

Hoseok turned and pointed towards a group of guys dancing surrounded by a large crowd, excitement clear in Hoseok's eyes as he looked at them. Taehyung could hear music playing despite the crowd's loud cheers.

"One of them will be your new backup dancer." he said firmly, clapping his hands.

»»————««

I wonder who the dancers are...... 🤔

Hmmmm....?

{ 1003 words, without end note}

{Edited 5-20-2020}