37::A betrayal more painful than death

"What hurts the most, is when you trust someone blindly, and that person proves to you that you are really blind."

-Unknown

~

Taehyung was awoken by the sound of a bag being zipped, "What are you doing, bun?" he said groggily.

"Oh, Jesus," Jungkook flinched. "You scared me. I'm gonna hang out with Mark today."

"Mark?" Taehyung sat up on the bed and looked at his boyfriend questioningly.

"Mhmm, we decided to be friends," Jungkook said, heading to the bathroom to change and put some makeup over his bruise.

"When did that happen?" Taehyung asked, getting up and walking to the bathroom door so he could still be heard.

"Last night in the van on the way here," Jungkook called from the other side of the door.

"Not to be that person, but why are you friends with him?" Taehyung questioned, not understanding his lover's logic.

"I just feel like I should give him a chance because he never did anything directly to me like Jihoon had," Jungkook explained.

"But he sat there and let Jihoon treat you like shit," Taehyung argued, still not understanding why Jungkook was doing what he was doing.

"If I held a grudge against anyone who ever saw something shitty happened to me, I would hate a bunch of people, including my cousin." Jungkook reasoned as he opened the bathroom door, having finished changing his clothes.

"Oh. Just... be careful, okay? I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I will, thank you for worrying, love," Jungkook said, stepping out of the bathroom to get his shoes and kiss his boyfriend before hearing a knock on the door. "I got to go, that's him, have a good time today, Taebear."

"I'll try, but I'm not making any promises. I always have the best time with you," Taehyung pouted, making the other roll his eyes.

Jungkook chuckled as he opened the door, not shocked to see Mark standing on the other side.

"Bye Tae, I'll see you later." Jungkook waved as he closed the door.

"You guys seem really close," Mark observed out loud.

"You could say that." Jungkook agreed, shrugging his shoulders as he spoke.

"Well, he's one of the few people that were nice to you since you've been here, if I were you I'd be close to him too."

"We've had our ups and downs. Oh, I remember this one time I was really mad at him because he was trying to make me ride with him to work, and I did not want to at all," Jungkook said, laughing.

"Elaborate?" Mark said, confusion laced in his voice.

"Well, I walked to work and he passed me as I was walking. He stopped and told me to get in the car and wouldn't take no for an answer, but I like being independent so I obviously told him, no, and he just kept telling me to do it, so I got all upset and told him off."

"Wow, I never really thought you were one to speak your mind."

"I do speak my mind, but I also like to avoid conflict sometimes. It just depends on my mood and the situation," Jungkook explained.

"Oh, I know. I learned that yesterday, I'm pretty sure most everyone else did too." Mark laughed.

"Well, the Hyungs have seen me freak out on people once or twice," Jungkook chuckled.