|05|School or Trouble?|

Skylee P.O.V 

A familiar face with grey eyes was looking at me like I had grown two heads. His jaw hung down with eyes big like saucers. Two more familiar faces came into view and I almost forgot how to breathe.

Damn, Skylee!

My heart started to pound so fast as an unknown feeling appeared in the pit of my stomach that made me feel sick. Taking a hold of my inner fragile self, I managed to glare at him because he was staring at me so oddly.

One of his friends, who called me a bitch back then, put a hand on his shoulder and he looked as if, he just came back in reality. Then he shook his head, chuckled, and come inside to sit on the desk across from mine. Just great!

"Someone needs a warm welcome here." I heard him say when he walked past my desk, emphasizing the word 'warm'. Unknowingly, I gulped and looked at the door to avoid God know what actually.

From all the schools in New York, he had to be here and Brother Xander had to send me here. What a stroke of blue moon luck I've got!

"Shit!" I cursed, slamming the table when the weird feeling didn't disappear.

"What happened?" The girl beside me asked. I had already forgotten her name.

I looked at Mr. Got slapped. He was sitting on the desk that was almost beside my desk. His early expressions of shock and surprise were changed into a huge frown, and now he was glaring at me, hard, as if, he could kill me by his looks.

Glaring back at him, I looked at the girl beside me.

"What?" She was confused and curious.

In between contemplating whether I should tell her something or not, the teacher arrived and I let the topic go. I couldn't tell her anything anyway when I knew nothing about her.

The English teacher - Professor William was an aged man with grey hair combed to the left side, dark eyes with normal features, and was wearing a black shirt tucked in brown dress pants. He appeared a nice gentleman to me until he said something and I stopped myself from cursing loudly.

He said, "So, we have a new student today, a transfer student more particularly from the branch of Los Angeles," he gestured me to come. "Miss Skylee, would you like to come here and introduce yourself?"

'Sure.' I internally smirked.

I stood up from my seat and walked straight towards his desk, maintaining a confident figure. Every eye was looking at me and I could feel the fierce gaze of a particular person boring holes in my appearance. I noticed another girl, who was sitting on the first desk, was also glaring at me like a little girl do when we snatched her favorite chocolate.

But... 'Do all the students here have grey eyes?' She also had grey eyes, but a lighter shade of them.

Taking a sharp breath in, I ignored all of them.

"Skylee. I'm an odd combination of 'Not-so-sweet' and 'Don't mess with me.' I don't make friends. So, stay away from me." I said sternly and made my way back to my desk without waiting for Mr. William's reply. I heard many gasps and whispers after my introduction. I smirked as I sat down on my seat.

Mr. William coughed to make everyone quiet and said, "Alright, that's enough. Skylee, if you find any problem in the study, you can always come to me or either take notes from Rosalyn. She is a brilliant student. Now students open your books."

Mr. William started to read some pages of our course novel 'The old man and the sea' while my least focused was on him. My mind and eyes, again and again, wandered towards the person sitting at some, one desk distance away from me. His presence was making me unable to concentrate on the class.