Chapter 06: So You Can Be Nice Too

His head throbbed hard as he tried to open his eyes. Apo could feel tears already pooling due to the sudden pain he was feeling when he gained conscious.

He could feel someone's hand on his hair and that actually surprised him a bit but then again he remembered that he came to the Quarters before he lost conscious.

Must be Gulf
He thought as he smiled to himself and then opened his eyes.

The room was very silent and apparently no one was around other than the person who had been fondling his hair and when his eyes finally laid on the person, it surprised him

The boy had fallen asleep while caressing his head and the boy's hair looked disheveled and the expression looked pained and he was clearly wearing the same clothes he wore before Apo lost his conscious in front of him.

"Win..."
Apo said and his voice sounded so weak that he wondered if it was his to begin with. Win jolted up from sleep and by the eye bags it was clear that the younger boy barely has had some sleep.

"Phi. How do you feel?"
Win immediately got up, worry spreading all over his face. The boy kept his hand on the forehead of the elder and smiled a little.

"Your fever has gone down."

"I had fever too?"
Apo asked smiling sheepishly and Win nodded

"How can you not, Phi? Your body was torn all apart."
Win nagged and Apo just smiled

"Used to it now."
He said.

"I'm sorry na. For being the reason you had to suffer."
Win's voice sounded pleading and whatever Apo had in his mind about the younger boy being arrogant and strong minded, disappeared in thin air.

"It's okay Win. It has always been like this. What happened that day might have triggered him but not a single day he had treated me good."
He fondled the bunny boy's hair and then looked at his eyes which was glistening with tears almost ready to pour down

"Don't be upset na."
Apo said again smiling kindly and that made Win smile a bit

"Where are the others? Tul and Gulf?"
Apo asked looking around. Usually when he is sick, Tul would stay around no matter what.

"They went to attend the meeting Phi. We should also probably get going. P'Tul told me you would be strong enough once you get up though I insisted you should rest."
Win pouted.

"On that... Tul is right. But what meeting?"
Apo asked puzzled because he was pretty sure Mile did not have any meetings at night.

"The continuation of yesterday's one Phi. Oh I guess you don't know the time. It is 09.10 AM in the morning."

"The fuck?! I slept a whole night?! No way!"
Apo almost jumped out of bed if not for Win who immediately held him back by his shoulders

"Not so fast Phi."
Win laughed

"And I don't understand why you are so surprised? I mean you are lucky that you got up today. Your injuries are damn bad".
The younger boy added while helping a wincing Apo get up from the bed slowly

"Maybe because this is the first time I lost conscious for almost twelve hours?"
Apo replied holding tight to Win. His grip on the younger boy tightened whenever he felt pangs of pains going through his body and Win very firmly and strongly supported him.

"Is this... the worst time?"
Win asked hesitantly as he lead Apo towards the bathroom and while gesturing Win to help him to have a wash, Apo replied rather thoughtfully

"Physically... yes. But mentally I've been through worse"

Win slowly removed Apo's shirt revealing his injured body and Win could feel his throat lumping and eyes tearing up just by looking at the elder boy.