Chapter 22: The Reason Is You

Hey Peeps! I'm back! The three days are over. ☺❤

-----------------------------------------------------------

Silence.

All that arrayed in the chamber of the youngest prince was silence and shock.

"H..how come?"
It was evident that Mew's voice was already quivering and Davika's eyes widened.

"You mean Nanny Jane? Who took care of me and you four when we were small? And his father is your mother's head bodyguard?"

Bright nodded as he said;

"Mother and Father knows about Win's origin already. He and his sister has been under the care of government all along."

"I totally forgot about their kids back then. They indeed had a son and a daughter. Shit! How could I not recognize the last name?!"
Mile cursed to himself disappointed.

"So that bastard's mother was who killed both Nanny and Sir Laurence?"
Mew asked not sure about what they are hearing

All along, they though that the senator and his wife and their nanny and Sir Laurence all died together trying to uncover the truth behind mafia and since they are best friends that might have worked on it together. All the corpses were honoured and was kept in the Royal Cemetry as an honour.

But... what they were hearing right now was beyond belief and very hard to digest. No wonder the criminals of their deaths were never caught.

"So Senator Carlos was who lead Crescent and now this Arin guy and Trevin guy are his sons?"
Mile asked rubbing his nape while gulping. Now that is a lot to take in

"And Gulf too...."
Mew said almost whispering but everyone heard it and decided to keep silent.

Except for Mew, everyone else thought that Gulf deserves the second chance which he did not get and they believed that if they listened to his side of the story, it would be better. But yeah. Mew was too irrational while handling that and no one got a chance to ask anything.

The wounds were still fresh on Mew and it would be a very bad idea to freshen them up. They knew. Plus, although Mew loved Gulf a lot, Mew did not waver much after he lost the boy except for the fact that he became a little distant and that said only one thing. He was bottling up his emotions which was ready to blast somewhere when the right time comes. They just hoped that Mew will not be drained by that time.

No one could speak about their Nanny or Sir Laurence because from inside they were dying and if they were to let their emotions out right now all the dams will be broken and there will be no going back. They could not let it happen. They had to be rational because right now, except for the fact that Trevin was caught, nothing else was on their favour.

"But what is the connection of that revealation and how Win activated plan B all of sudden?"
Max asked changing the topic

"That... I do not know exactly. But I guess Win wanted the best result of the fight so he created an ambush out of the second plan. You know, when I end up in the middle of them, it makes it easier to attack."
Bright explained and everyone nodded their heads

"But how did you know Win was activating the plan? You were clearly shocked too."
Max asked once again and a small smile crept through Bright.

"Indeed I was and Win was really scary to be honest. But... I just knew that he would never betray me. I trusted my trust on him, I guess?"

"Ah right you are Bright Whippedthanos. I forgot."
Max said rolling his eyes and everyone broke into a chuckle at the remark.

Then once again, all of them fell silent. All of that was just too much to take in and right now, Love's life was on stake. Win in fact sacrificed his sister to save the empire which failed to protect his parents and they were more than grateful to the boy for that.