Chapter 60: The Letter Holds The Truth

A/N - Prepare for an intense ride 🥴

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sam was not in his right mind though he somehow ended up in front of Bright's chamber with his instincts and on his way, he made sure he avoided amy conversation coming on his way to surpass unwanted questions.

Sam quickly entered the chamber and closed the door behind in a thud and stood at the door solemnly, still dazed about everything that got revealed to him in the past few minutes.

Bright who was working on his desk, raised his head to the poud thud of the door and looked at Sam who looked like a mouse caught in a trap

"Sam?"
Bright asked totally confused of the boy's behaviour and Sam looked at him with terrified eyes

Bright immediately got up from.his chair, now totally worried and he approached Sam.

"Is everything okay? You look like you saw a ghost..."
Bright said going near him and Sam internally slapped himself

So much for promising Sir Apo you will keep the conversation a secret. Can you be more obvious Sam?
He scolded to himself but at the same time he knew that his reaction is inevitable. Everything was just too much for him to take in at once and it was only a few weeks that he landed in the palace but he is already revealed to a mess.

"It... it is nothing Phi... It is just that I was in too much pressure when I bought this."
Sam quickly got the envelope and the paper out of his pocket and handed it over to Bright and Bright took it to his hands raising an eyebrow at Sam

"Sir Apo told me to hand it over to you. He also told me that you will understand the rest."
Sam informed and Bright immediately took charge knowing something was going on

"Did he say it was okay for you to read this?"
Bright asked again

"No. He did not say like that. But he did not explain anything to me when he gave me this and tomd me that I will understand what is going on once I get to know what is written in it."
Sam replied and Bright nodded

"Okay. That means it is okay for you to know. Anything else?"
Bright asked in a rigid voice and Sam was actually impressed by how Bright took everything to his hands once he realized the matter was official.

"Yes. He told me to tell you to call a meeting with the princes and inform them about this."

"Just the princes?"
Bright questioned again and that is when it dawned to Sam that Apo did not mention anything about the bodyguards.

Totally understanding it is because Apo do not want to be in the meeting, Sam covered it up.

"Yes. Just the princes."
Sam replied and Bright nodded.

"But he said it is fine that you let them know after discussing it within yourselves"
Sam added

Teehee. That was a fucking lie but it is better the rest knows about this too.
Sam giggled in his mind and concluded what he did was the right thing

He understood why Apo cannot reveal things to them but he also knew this is something everyone should know. Plus, he was the interpersona between relying this message so it was in his hands to handle it for the better so he chose the best.

Bright nodded once again and patted Sam on the back

"Thank you Sam."

Sam nodded and then started to follow Bright to his working desk

Did I just lie on his face? Such a courage Sam!
He said to himself surprised on his own boldness of how he handled the situation and something Win said in his training came to his mind