Chapter 09: I Loved Him

Gulf was dragged all the way to the dungeon in the underground, not because he fought for his freedom but because he was too tired to walk. His insides were crumpling and his whole body was weeping and he just did not know how to overcome anything.

He was feeling helpless, hopelss and aimless at the same time and when he got thrown onto the floor inside the darkest dungeon of the Empire of Alstair, something inside of him churned.

He was scared. So scared. This was the dungeon that traitors were killed without mercy and none who was  killed in a merciful way. To be frank, none lived to see day light ever again. Gulf's whole body was trembling has he imagined himself getting tortured and getting killed. He could see his skin getting ripped off without mercy and his whole body burnt at the thought

Years ago, when he first came in the intention to kill the Princes, if he got to that dungeon, then he might not even have flinched even if they burnt him piece by piece but now... after getting used to all the warmness and love around him, Gulf knew very well he was not strong enough to take any pain.

He was no longer the bloody man whose sole intention was to kill and he was no longer the person who could endure the worst pains because he was no longer the man who he used to be.

Bright's friendship changed him. Tul's concern changed him and when Win came to their life, Win's whole existence itself, changed him. Moreover, Mew's love changed him. Mew.... changed him.

The fact that he hurt the man who loved him with all his heart, was what that was crumpling down Gulf the most. He remember the Mew who he met on the first day. A cold prince who was as cold as ice. An inhumane beast who tormented him the whole night after his initiation. Mew was as cruel as he could hurt him when Gulf was at his strongest and Gulf remembered what changed everything.

He remember how he was kneeling in front of him, in the back garden of Mew's chamber waiting for him to carry out his next order and he remembers how horrified he felt when Mew told him to crawl on the thorny bushes. He remembered really well that Mew told him it was his last test to him and he remembered that Mew told him if he succeeded on it then he will trust his whole life on him.

When he heard those words, suddenly he felt the urge to become the bodyguard of Mew for real. The past few hours which tortured him, somehow attached him to the guy unknowingly. Because sure, Mew was brutal on him but still his insitincts told him that Mew cared. When he heard that Mew will trust his whole life on him, Gulf suddenly wanted to protect that trust and cherish it because never in his life ever, someone had told him that he is trusted and is needed in somebody's life forever.

That day his body was already weak from getting tortured again and again the whole night and when finally Mew told him to crawl on the thorn bushes, though he knew it was the last test, his soul left his body. He was young and 19 and no matter how harshly trained he was since he was a kid and no matter how brutally he was trained in the barracks, still his whole body started to ache just at the thought of crawling on them. Suddenly his mind started to shut down and for the first time in his life, he felt the need of someone to hold him and soothe him.

He remembers very vaguely how Mew shouted at him coldly when he hesitated to crawl and then how he managed to wipe down his falling tears and convinced himself to do so. But he could not do it. No matter how much he tried, his mind didn't allow him to and finally when he broke down into sobs and fell down on his knees unable to hold himself any longer, he remembered the two strong arms that wrapped around his body.

He did not know why, but suddenly the monster who was trying to torture  him, started soothe him and calm him down. He cried even more, wrapped in Mew's arms and sobbed and shouted and screamed his lungs out.