Chapter 29: Stay With Me

Solemn. Blood. Motionless.

At first, Gulf's whole body ached like he was crushed into thousand pieces and when he managed to open his eyes, his sight was blurred with blood.

"Hng.."
Gulf groaned as he tried to get up but failed miserably.

He wiped off the blood covering his eyes which were oozing from his head

"That motherfuckers..."
He muttered as he tried to get up but failed plopping onto the ground once again.

All he remembered was falling off a cliff last night while running to distract the men and then everything blacked out real quick when his body hit a rock while falling down.

Damn that was a trenchy cliff

Gulf's eyes widened as he remembered from how much of a height he fell down from and he immediately looked up from the place he has fallen to see he was almost a whole hill down

How am I living at the first place?
He thought to himself as he tried to get up again and this time he managed crawl up letting faint screams and whimpers

"All of because of those bastards and my bloody brother."
Gulf cursed as he grabbed on his stomach which covered his palm in blood.

Fuck. He was bleeding all over his body but he was in too much pain and gone numb to realise that.

Gulf examined his whole body to discover more and more blood and wounds and he sighed in frustration looking at his own body.

He still could not believe he was living after he fell from the cliff but he was glad he did not die. Like hell. He had a lot to come in terms with before he died and it would be such a waste to die young.

Where am I now?
Gulf thought to himself as he felt his throat was dry and the need of water urgently and he crawled to the nearby water body which was a small stream and drank water from it profusely.

"Dammit"
Gulf hissed as his whole body ached and then looked around slowly because his neck was aching disabling him to move it swiftly.

He could not stand so instead he got on all his fours and started to crawl through the woods finding a way out.

He did not know where he was going and he was clueless about where he was and apparently, there is no sign of a human nearby. He felt glad about one thing though. It is that the Crescent thinking he was dead. He no longer has life threats and all he has to do is find his way to Empire Alstair once again.

He guessed that Mix and Love must have escaped successfully because his attempt to divert the attention of the men last night succeeded. After all he was the one they needed anyway.

He hoped that both of them will get to the palace safely because all of them has gone through a lot because of him already.

He was stupid. Stupid to believe that his sly brother will live upto his words. That stupidity led to a hell and now he was paying for that.

"Ahh.."
A light scream escaped Gulf's mouth as he felt a sharp pain on his palms and right knee and when he looked at the ground, he rolled his eyes frustratingly.

He had started to crawl on a set of thorned branches instinctively when he was lost in his thoughts

Well done
Gulf scolded himself as his face scrunched up from the pain and he hissed as tears started to collect in his eyes.

"It hurts... ah.. shit..."
He whimpered as he managed to settle down under a tree holding his bleeding knee with his bleeding hands and suddenly his emotions started to drive in the highway