Chapter 15: Mistakes Do Have Consequences

Silence.

Was all that arrayed after Bright revealed of the letter Win had recieved.

Now they could not just bargain into the territory and save Win's sister. They had a risk. The risk of her getting harmed.

On top all, finally it dawned to them for what the Crescent is planning for. They already invaded the South and destroyed it and the South is not under their total control yet and now... they want the North and East too and if by any chance Win betrayed them, The Empire was done for.

Everyone sighed and Mile's attention turned to Mew.

"If not for somebody who sold his bodyguard, we might have gotten more information of who is behind all this."

Mew glared at him and suddenly something clicked in Win's mind

"Uh..sir... about that."
It gained everyone's attention and Bright raised his eyebrow at him

But... Win could not carry on as Mew was there.

"Can I speak with Bright and you alone?"
Win asked intentionally leaving out Max so that Mew won't be suspicious

Both Mile and Bright looked at each other and then nodded at Win.

"Nattawin follow me."
Mile said as they went out of the chamber for a while, leaving everyone else puzzled.

"What is it Win?"
Bright asked as soon as they got out and Win slowly got out a piece of paper that Mix handed over to him before he left

"This... was given by Gulf to Mix. This paper has all the information that we may need in the mission, about Crescent."
Win gave the paper to Bright and Mile frowned

"Now you remembered to tell this? How irresponsible can you be Metawin?"

"I'm sorry, sir."
Win said apologizing genuinely which earned no response from Mile. If it was someone else Mile would have snapped, but being scared of Bright's wrath and feeling pleased of how loyal Win has been with this case, Mile let it go. Though he suspected the boy in the beginning and hated him still, deep down, even Mile had to agree that he had a soft spot for him

"Win. How long have to you had this with you?"
Bright asked sternly and Win looked at him apologetically.

"Since the day Gulf was caught sir. Gulf had given it to Mix to hand it over to me telling that I should hand it over to you."
Win explained and Bright grit his teeth

"Well then why didn't you?"

"I f..forgot. I'm sorry."
Win replied knowing that Bright was a kind of angry, judging by his face

"I know you were troubled by a lot. Specially by your sister. But I would appreciate it if you gave this to me then and there. You know, if something went wrong and you were caught with this, you might have been branded as a traitor as well"
This time Bright's voice softened a bit and Win nodded lowering his head

Bright and Win were pretty close and you can call them the sweetest boyfriends, but when it comes to duty, both of them took it seriously.

Whether be it a mistake or not, it will still have it own effects in one way or the other and this... Bright knew.

Bright's heart almost jumped out when Win said he had information about Crescent with him and he almost growled at the boy for being careless.

For some odd reason, now Mile was being bothered by everything.

The fuck has Nattawin done to me
He thought to himself as he worded out his phrases next

"Let it go Bright. Mistakes happen"